Chelsea v NUFC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Chelsea v NUFC

Shows how far we have come when you're massively disappointed that we got nowt playing away to the European and World champions. Even moreso when we were without Trippier, Wilson, Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton and Fraser.

Dan Burn was man of the match although blighted by that lucky through ball for their goal. If he's not in the next England squad then he'll never get in.

I was talking to a mate earlier today about total injustices down the years. It cropped up as it’s the anniversary today of one of them I witnessed, as it happens. That today is right up there - a total disgrace.

Well PL - your little Project Relegate Newcastle has failed - so fuck you.

Absolutely blatant shocking cheating by PL officials v Newcastle. AGAIN.

Just watched Arsenal get a (rightful) penalty for handball on a VAR decision. This was after umpteen angles- the one from behind the goal being clear and decisive.

It’s occurred to me - when we should have had that pen today- was it shown from every angle? I just seem to remember a couple of close ups of the challenge? After the (non) decision - they showed another angle which clearly showed constant pulling of Murphy’s shirt. Apart from the fact they should have had enough evidence in isolation, was the blatant shirt-pulling angle made available in the “decision”-making process?

Seriously piss-poor incompetence, if not.

Anyone know what the rules are regarding appealing those decisions? Obviously we won't get anything out of it but I'd be happy if havertz and the referee/var operator was banned

For the record I don't think it's inept refereeing it's blatant corruption. When the referee refuses to use a video replay tells you he has his mind made up before the action even takes place. If he doesn't go to the screen it means he avoids having to review or overturn the decision.

Last edited: