Chelsea v Newcastle United | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Newcastle United

5 defeats all season same as man city that's some achievement. Anyone know where that ranks us points wise in nufc teams of past? I think we bettered Robson point tally but not Keegans.
the 95-96 season we were runners up with 78 points. At home that season P19 W17 D1 L1.

Read a good article by Martin Samuel today about Uefa's system of wealth distribution and how it is skewed entirely in favour of the established elite while putting upstarts such as Newcastle in their place. Has nowt to do with todays game and our performance but in the bigger picture it shows that having consolidated a top 4 position the powers that be will do whatever they can to stop it happening on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Today's game was always going to be difficult, like all the games we've had in history at the last game of the season where nothing but pride rests on it and the scorelines reflect very little of what the previous 37 league games have mustered up.

A team that has overachieved in many peoples eyes but whilst they are very deserving of the champions league placing in our eyes, it also doesn't take a blind man to see they are drained.

It's nowt to do with squad quality or numbers or maybe a little down to the fact that 3 of our usual 4 midfielders were missing but players like Bruno who would have been in the injury room for any other manager under the Ashley ownership if we've bought the likes of him and it showed the testament that the players hold Eddie Howe in that they'll play for him whilst injured or absolutely knackered.

£100 million has been mentioned as the bench mark for our kitty this Summer and if we can add the £15m supposed transfer fee in for Chris Wood and the sale of a few more to add a few more quid then we wont be in a bad place come August squad wise. I just have a feeling that we'll sell one of our regulars to create even more cash and I reckon it's one of Miggy or ASM.

Would have been nice to sign off with a win, but yeah. Not to be.
Good thing we did the job against Leicester. But I suppose not playing our regular 11 probably didn't help.
Miggy was horrible so I reckon he will be the one off-loaded. ASM not the same as well.
Well done to NUFC and to everyone on here, have a good football break and thanks for al the banter.
Hopefully, I will see you guys in person sooner rather than later.
Greetings from down-under

Last edited: