Chelsea v Forest match thread sponsored by Vatican Holidays! | Page 6 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Forest match thread sponsored by Vatican Holidays!

Goallllllll that's what warbs wants!! It can be done!

We need to use this as a catalyst, no one in this league is a Chelsea, this should be our toughest match this season.

Osborne was our best player and I know some will try and argue otherwise but he was always trying and more often then not got the ball off them.

Burton getting done 4-0 by Man Utd.

There's a huge gap between the top and middle of the Premiership quality wise, never mind middle of the Championship.

FFS we were up against a team with a potential Ballon d'Or winner in it.

Forest Boffin - 20/9/2017 21:26

Is that you Dad?

They are a lot better. It's a great advert for the quality of the Prem - some of these guys can't get first team football but they are top quality, It's fascinating to watch, in a morbidly curious kind of way.

And Fabregas and Hazard? Stunning players.

Good goal Forest, nice work Darikwa and (I think) Osborn.

Right son. ;)

It's another universe. It's not the same game I remember growing up. The financial distortion is at parody levels. ie. a several hundred million team vs a team just taken off life support for survival in the Championship. Forest's ambitions are to finish higher than relegation and show progress with mid-table-ish not unreasonable off the back off some shrewd and prudent transfer work which was thwarted at the last minute on a keeper, CH and another 'driving' CM to replace the venerable Cohen.

Considering Forest were on life support according to the 'open letter' penned earlier this Summer, it's a miracle and some silver lining that Forest scored a goal at all as if they did it on principle.

'Hope.'

SA.

It's obvious Forest lack a few more key signings in midfield, defence and 'tween the sticks. Vaughan, Cohen, Cash and Ward are out. That's a whole midfield. It would still have been hard pressed to take on Chelsea. Maybe the damage wouldn't have been as high as 5-1. Perhaps tonight shows Forest need a higher quality and experienced keeper. But this is going to take a couple more windows to address.

...and I'm sure Warburton, Charlie and the owner are quite aware of where Forest are and what they need.

I'm confident they'll address it in time and Project Forest will continue.

Chelsea can keep their plastic fans. I remember when Chelsea had gates of 6k. Can't they do better than 5-1 with several hundred million? And they conceded...

wesimmo - 20/9/2017 21:39

There's a huge gap between the top and middle of the Premiership quality wise, never mind middle of the Championship.

4-1

I see Doncaster didn't embarrass themselves away at Arsenal.

Least we won't be playing them or their first team for years in the Premier league. Simply miles away.

Club on life support and team needs kiss of life to get them up and ready for Villa.

Widdow - 20/9/2017 21:42

4-1

Burton made 9 changes like ourselves and Man Utd had a spine of starters like Chelsea we should have lost 4-1 that last goal was the flukiest ever!

Doncaster only made 2 changes where as arsenal made 11, a settled side having played together will put up more of a resistance obviously.

fumanchew - 20/9/2017 21:51

4-1

Burton made 9 changes like ourselves and Man Utd had a spine of starters like Chelsea we should have lost 4-1 that last goal was the flukiest ever!

Doncaster only made 2 changes where as arsenal made 11, a settled side having played together will put up more of a resistance obviously.

Where is a clutching at straws emoji ??

Glad they didn't play their first team and made nine changes

4-1

With respect that was a different game with two different teams playing.

If you think Donny would have given Chelsea a game tonight fair enough - you obviously think Donny are better than I do.

This wasn't a team of Chelsea's kids - most of them were first team players tonight for the best team in the country, costing anything up to 300 million between them, playing at home where they've only lost twice in the last year. I think they'd have beaten Doncaster comfortably but it's all about opinions.

When we saw their line-up tonight, and our mix of kids and freebies I think we all knew this was to be expected - hardly an embarrassment.

Slightly worried with warbs interview. We are conceding soft goals because of the style of play he has insisted on. We lack movement ahead of the ball so passing out is stifled by lack of options and we inevitably give it away.

Really need to get a system and stick to it.

Felt a bit sorry for Cummins but brereton was a shining light. Gave their right sided defender loads of grief and playing more centrally actually gave Chelsea something to worry about.

I wanted vellios and caryol to play tonight. Seasoned professionals who need minutes and would have relished the chance to play against Chelsea.

Warbs got so much wrong tonight it's unreal.

Starting to worry a little.

Disappointing yes, but Forest started both halves brightly. MW was spot on that we need to be more ruthless at both ends of the pitch.

He has to use these games to look at players who aren't quite making the starting XI or returning from injury, so you get rusty Henderson, Lichaj, Fox and Mancienne up against Chelski's sharpest youngsters and the likes of Hazard and Fabregas. Hardly a surprise that it ends 5-1 and could have been worse. Pity Dowell's free kick didn't go in at 2-0.

One silver lining could be BB coming on as sub in his proper position and creating more threat than in 90 minutes playing RW. Glad they kept going for 90 minutes and got one back at the death - all our new signings have scored now.

ozzyten10 - 20/9/2017 22:10

Slightly worried with warbs interview. We are conceding soft goals because of the style of play he has insisted on. We lack movement ahead of the ball so passing out is stifled by lack of options and we inevitably give it away.

Felt a bit sorry for Cummins but brereton was a shining light. Gave their right sided defender loads of grief and playing more centrally actually gave Chelsea something to worry about.

I wanted vellios and caryol to play tonight. Seasoned professionals who need minutes and would have relished the chance to play against Chelsea.

Warbs got so much wrong tonight it's unreal.

Starting to worry a little.

I was surprised by the line up too. You mention Vellios and Carayol - they would certainly have improved out lot tonight - but we need to write this one off, which I think MW had before we'd even started. The goalkeeping selection is telling IMO - was it that he didn't want his young keeper's confidence to take a hit when Chelsea knock 5 past him? Guessing of course but that was my first thought.

We'll improve playing our new brand of football but it will take a long time and we'll need more transfer windows. He's trying to have us play the right way we've got to be patient IMO.

We got outplayed by millwall let alone Chelsea.

Villa and Fulham next. Could very well be 2 losses.

Never going to beat many teams with Henderson, fox etc playing.

I thought Warburton sounded rattled for the first time when he was interviewed after the game. He knows that he has a crock of shite to mould into a defence and that there is nothing he can do about it. Use any combination of what he has got and he keeps coming up with the same inevitable conclusion. Simply not good enough and now he is saying it.

ozzyten10 - 20/9/2017 22:10

Eh?

Are you criticising him for insisting on a system or not sticking to a system?

I doubt whether he's telling players not to move so that the man in possession has no options.

(Or telling defenders to make individual errors that lead to goals going in).

I share your concern that maybe he isn't such a great manager, but I'm ready to give him more time.

the jock - 20/9/2017 22:22

We got outplayed by millwall let alone Chelsea.

Villa and Fulham next. Could very well be 2 losses.

Never going to beat many teams with Henderson, fox etc playing.

Yep.
We were always going to be too "nice" to ever worry Chelsea let's be honest.
I suspect Millwall and their style of play would have asked a lot more questions of them than our own insipid approach.

I hope I'm wrong but not convinced cummings will ever score many in the championship. Early days but I don't think he has the attributes.

Likes of fox and lichaj should be moved on . Worrall is starting every game but getting caught out for many goals .

Henderson isn't good enough.

Brereton isn't a winger. Bouchaklis is extremely average.

I hope this improvement will come after next summer. Our defence has been a problem a long time now despite hiring a new gk coach and David weir.

Why is vellios always the answer whenever things aren't going well? Am I missing something. I watched that turgid display against Shrewsbury a couple of rounds ago when he played and he did nothing all game, which other than pop up with the odd goal, Is all he's done since he's been here.

He's not awful, but he's nothing more than average and still a long way behind any of our strikers other than walker for me!