Chelsea-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chelsea-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Who knows how important that point might be. 2012 we were 1-3 down at home v Sunderland (?) and drew 3-3 with late goals from Mario and Kolarov. Without that point we’d have finished with 88 pts (other things being equal) and history might never have been the same.

'Not the right decision'​

Chelsea 0-0 Man City
5f59806c-8d8a-44f5-bc35-47dc3dbefa79.jpg

Jamie Carragher
Former Liverpool defender on Sky Sports
The penalty has been given, but that is not the right decision.
Erling Haaland pulls Marc Cucurella shirt.

I guarantee that had that been Salah dragged down he would not be making this judgement. Quite the opposite.

Spit has always been the most one eyed pundit on telly, even worse than GFN.
I am so tired of the partisan views that the pundits offer. Their chronic inability to offer professional, unbiased opinions is a disgrace but is probably promoted by the media whose business models are undoubtedly built on a) pandering to the prejudices of dip and rag fans and b) generating clicks from controversial comments/conflicts. It is such bullshit.

I am so tired of the partisan views that the pundits offer. Their chronic inability to offer professional, unbiased opinions is a disgrace but is probably promoted by the media whose business models are undoubtedly built on a) pandering to the prejudices of dip and rag fans and b) generating clicks from controversial comments/conflicts. It is such bullshit.
headline, Carragher names City's most likely challengers for the title. (no prizes for guess which team)

i have not posted the link, it is a waste of time.

headline, Carragher names City's most likely challengers for the title. (no prizes for guess which team)

i have not posted the link, it is a waste of time.
He’s doing what they always do - plant assets of doubt in the minds of officials. We had a penalty vs the rags for the same offence. This is the second in 3 games. He wants to sow the doubts as to why it was given.

From Dermot Gallagher’s ref watch regarding our pen:

Was City's penalty fair?​

Let's get to it, starting with Manchester City's controversial penalty at Chelsea on Sunday.
Jamie Carragher declared in match commentary "that's not right" when the penalty given, but it seems Ref Watch was happy with the ref's decision.
"They are both grabbing each other, you can see why the referee has given it.
"It was never, ever going to be overturned by the VAR," says Dermot.
"When you see the sideways view, Cucurella never lets go. He hauls and hauls and hauls. You can't unsee a foul."

From Dermot Gallagher’s ref watch regarding our pen:

Was City's penalty fair?​

Let's get to it, starting with Manchester City's controversial penalty at Chelsea on Sunday.
Jamie Carragher declared in match commentary "that's not right" when the penalty given, but it seems Ref Watch was happy with the ref's decision.
"They are both grabbing each other, you can see why the referee has given it.
"It was never, ever going to be overturned by the VAR," says Dermot.
"When you see the sideways view, Cucurella never lets go. He hauls and hauls and hauls. You can't unsee a foul."
The ref gave it on-field and Carragher in commentary initially said that's a penalty.
then back tracked because he was seen to support a rival of the dips.

I thought Doku’s was poor. That was worse. Doubly so because Taylor looking right at it and ignores it.

I have never seen so much hype over this match, you would have thought looking at the reports and media attention, this appears to be one of Chelsea's greatest wins.

It wasn't of course, it was a draw, it would have been a better result had it been at the Etihad, it wasn't, what it was, it was a draw, at home, where they dropped two points.
It was their Cup Final, when City play you, you tend to play well above your expectations, It was when City did not play their best yet still managed to score 4 goals away from home.
This is where Manchester City are at the moment, where a draw is celebrated as a victory, that is how far we have come.

They also seem a bit obsessed with Palmer especially the narrative that he’s a superstar that ‘slipped through City’s fingers‘. This is a convenient narrative But ignores the fact that the slimy little toad (he achieved this ststus with his cheap stunt scuffing up the penalty spot last weekend damning him in my eyes) declined to stay and develop under Pep unlike Foden. I suspect he will be overused by Pochetino. Perhaps he’ll follow the path that Daniel Sturridge shose. Strange that the media don’t highlight his story as a comparison.