Chelsea FC v Manchester City - Saturday 25th September 2021 - 12:30 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Chelsea FC v Manchester City - Saturday 25th September 2021 - 12:30 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Hogwash
I have seen a lot of the Academy games thanks to City finally getting to air these programmes, the only thing is that City have for some reason chosen a difficult media for everyone to enjoy, but at a low price makes the effort worthwhile.
I was especially pleased that when Pep Guardiola said he would play the youth against Wycombe, I knew that would not be a problem as we have a bundle of talent and they play exactly the same way as the senior man and Womens team.
However this Saturday's lunchtime game against Timmy Tickle's Chelsea (no postcards please I am aware that is not his real name Tom Thumb Tuckle) He has moulded the team left to him by Frank Lampard and turned them into a real threat and by adding Luke Cartoo they are favourites for the title.
Pep Guardiola has a few injury problems while resting a few players who have played every game.

City Team News

City have a number of injury doubts for the game in West London.
Defenders Aymeric Laporte and John Stones were both injured on international duty and are unlikely to feature against Chelsea.
Oleksandr Zinchenko is another doubt, while Ilkay Gundogan will be assessed later this week, along with Rodri; Nathan Ake having recent lost his Father may not feature and whilst the youth lads did very well against Wycombe Wanderers it is a completely different task against Chelsea.

I'll Try My Best? What do you Think?
Ederson
Walker Dias Fernandinho Cancelo
Gundogan, Grealish Foden De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling

Match Officials
Referee:
Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

Broadcast in the UK on BT Sport (subscription req)

Next
Champions League

Paris Saint-Germain
paris_saint-germain.png
v Manchester City
manchester_city_fc_badge.png

20:00 BST: Tue 28th Sep 21

bt2020.png

Last edited:
I hope Pep has a better plan for this meeting with Tommy T...this guy seriously seems to have Pep's measure. A really tough fixture esp without Laporte, Stones and possibly Gundogan.

I hope Pep has a better plan for this meeting with Tommy T...this guy seriously seems to have Pep's measure. A really tough fixture esp without Laporte, Stones and possibly Gundogan.

What Pep's problem is that he does not play the system that is tried and tested, and trust in his players to deliver, he tried something different in the Champions Final when we knew all along that we had a full team that could thrash the arse off them.

We still do, but it now depends if they are fit to play.

Pep will have one eye on the PSG match and next week v LiverpoolTMFailed - he may not want to risk Laporte or Stonesy today.

We will find out in 5 minutes

XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias (C), Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Jesus, Grealish.
SUBS | Steffen, Stones, Ake, Sterling, Torres, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Palmer, Lavia.