Chelsea Boss Confession...... | Vital Football

Chelsea Boss Confession......

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
Tottenham closed the gap on leaders Chelsea to four points by beating Bournemouth 4-0 on Saturday before Antonio Conte’s side lost 2-0 at Manchester United 24 hours later.

After the defeat at Old Trafford, Conte admitted Spurs are now the “best team” in the country and have a realistic chance of catching Chelsea.

We lost two games but those games were totally different,” said the Italian. “Against Crystal Palace we didn’t deserve to lose. Today we deserved to lose the game. We didn’t play a good game and United deserved to win. We have to think there are six finals from now until the end of the season.

“The league is open and we have a 50% [chance] to win the league. It will be good to finish on top of the table and, if so, it means we deserve this. Otherwise we must clap another team.”

He added: “It won’t be easy because I think Tottenham are now the best team. They are in good form and they have a lot of enthusiasm. They are feeling the possibility to write history and it is important for us to know this.”

Chelsea’s run-in appears to be slightly easier than Tottenham’s, but Mauricio Pochettino’s side have at least identified a few anxieties in the leaders’ camp.

On top of fighting for the title, the teams meet in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley this Saturday in what is sure to be a thrilling contest"

Well Mr Conte, possible mind games aside, confession is good for the soul! In fairness I rather believe the guys being genuine. It's not really his fault he's tied to the Chavs.

Bullshit. He is playing head games with us for this weekend.

I don't agree 80.
He is nowhere near as devious as Jose or Arsene....he is passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve. I have a lot of admiration for the guy....not who he manages mind!

Greavswasthegreatest - 19/4/2017 08:23

I don't agree 80.
He is nowhere near as devious as Jose or Arsene....he is passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve. I have a lot of admiration for the guy....not who he manages mind!

Fair enough. I just think he started talking about us a while ago and is feeling the pressure. And I also think there is an institutional dislike of Spurs at Chelsea. We may have earned it but there is no doubt the rivalry is becoming more important to both sides.

Although it's a race, a 50% chance for us is bullcrap. They are 4 points ahead with an easier ficture on paper.

He is under pressure, if they mess this up it would be the biggest implosion in the PL history.

Pollo - 19/4/2017 11:48

Although it's a race, a 50% chance for us is bullcrap. They are 4 points ahead with an easier ficture on paper.

He is under pressure, if they mess this up it would be the biggest implosion in the PL history.

Totally agree, if he/they screw this up given the position they're in, the squad they've got and the one of the easiest PL end run-ins you could have, he'll deserve the sack, and sacked he will be.

Spursex - 19/4/2017 13:51

Totally agree, if he/they screw this up given the position they're in, the squad they've got and the one of the easiest PL end run-ins you could have, he'll deserve the sack, and sacked he will be.

That would be great. As long as he left the PL.

I think the second term syndrome is beginning to kick in with Conte. Every (well, most) managers seem to do well initially, which is why often managers are sacked as their team drops towards the relegation zone and they pick up their game sufficiently to avoid the drop with a new guy. For the first few games or even many many games they do well because no one knows the 'mind' of the manager.

In the first part of the season no one knows the game plan of a new manager, the team often does well but when everyone has played each other, it's not so easy to keep getting success. Then if the manager does well in the second half of the season, then the second season becomes the problem.

I think Conte is now entering the second season syndrome. I think other managers are getting to know how to beat the Chavs, look at Man U and Palace. We could see that on the weekend in the FA Cup semi, I hope. I do think there could be a modicum of implosion on the cards, maybe not enough to lose the title but to make very it tight for them.

80deg16minW - 19/4/2017 13:59

Spursex - 19/4/2017 13:51

That would be great. As long as he left the PL.

Agreed - Conte is class IMO.

I reckon he has class. Was it mind games? Don't know but all successful managers try it to some extent - Ranieri maybe the exception? - and yey there is a whole load of our fans who just look for this sort of thing to build the BS that eveyone conspires against us.

Does my nut in though with all the foreign managers and the way they talk (better English than my Spanish / Italian I admit)....'we fight for this'.....' yes, it is the possibility' etc etc.

steveperryman - 22/4/2017 19:16

Taricco the yid - 22/4/2017 19:13

So conte under pressure lol. He even left his 2 main attacking weapons on the bench.
... & brought them on late to inflict maximum damage. Inspired move.

He should have played either at WB :3:

He's been here 5 minutes and already learned he can put 2 top players on the bench.

'' It's only Spurs lads ''