Chelsea blocked move..Rudiger | Vital Football

Chelsea blocked move..Rudiger

Spursex

Alert Team
Germany manager Joachim Low has revealed Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger 'tried everything' to leave the club this summer.

The 27-year-old defender has fallen out of favour under manager Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge and was linked with a move away before Monday's transfer deadline, with Tottenham, Roma and AC Milan all showing an interest.

A move did not come off and Rudiger remains a Chelsea player but his international boss has conceded he will look to depart again in January with the rescheduled Euros on the horizon., it's since been disclosed by his agent that Spurs were his preferred destination and came closest to signing him.

'I was in constant contact with Toni Rudiger, he was keeping me in the loop,' Low said. 'He had three or four options over the weekend but unfortunately, nothing materialised – he can try again in the winter.

'He can put in a great performance even without a few weeks of match practice. I've been walking the path with him over the past few years and we've had a dialogue since the very beginning. His development over the past four or five years has been great.

'He has established himself as a top international player. In terms of athleticism, dynamism and tough duels, he maintains his top level for a few weeks even without match practice.

'He tried everything to leave Chelsea because the European Championship is very important to him. I think he'll try to leave again in the winter. He's doing everything he can to stay in his best form.'

Not a dig Ex but this doesn't come as much of a surprise does it.

Oh how I'd forgotten how little snippets of insight emerge in the media during International breaks! Players mix with their fellow countrymen and the coaches get to hear the ins and outs of recent shenanigans at their respective clubs etc...

You're right it isn't, but it does confirm that the chav's won't do business with us, so why we went as far as we did with him and his agent is a bit of a mystery to me.

Smacks of the old "we tried bit couldn't get it to work".

It does to me as well, that and the fact that we tried to get Stone on a loan to buy deal suggests we were desperate to fill that CB hole we have with Toby and or Sanchez - and can't say I disagree, it may well be the difference to winning silverware or not - so it will be interesting to see if we try and fill the problem with a player from the Championship - which I suspect we may well not do.

We've been down this road many times. It never gets old.

Given who our targets where it seems crystal to me that we wanted a younger player with experience - so I wonder will we now take a chance on Tangy as that CB hole filler...?

I suspect if we try, we may well suprise ourselves - he (as far as I'm concerned) just needs experience to fill that role.

Last edited:
Given who our targets were it seems crystal to me that we wanted a younger player with experience - so I wonder wil we now take a chance on Tangy as that CB hole filler...?

I suspect if we try, we may well suprise ourselves - he (as far as I'm concerned) just needs experience to fill that role.
Davies.

Given who our targets were it seems crystal to me that we wanted a younger player with experience - so I wonder wil we now take a chance on Tangy as that CB hole filler...?

Tanganga is ready IMO.

I read that he refused to play against us in the recent cup game ! Not sure how true that is . Would he have been selected ? Suppose we will never know

There was ALOT of bs smoke out there about our targets, especially the CBs. Vast majority of 'leaks' were total hogwash. One guy in Holland suggested it was a concerted disinformation campaign. That'd be an interesting twist in tactics.

Two Center Halfs, on a list I saw months ago, have never been mentioned publicly as far as I know, and those deals are still being worked on.

I don't think for a second that DL would bring Rudiger here. Regardless of what he could contribute on the pitch. The message to the Yids would be a total disaster. More that a few season ticket holders I know have said they'd chant him off the field everytime he stepped on it in a Spurs shirt.

Happy storyline out about how satisfied Jose is, and how smooth things went with him & the rest of the transfer team. Great stuff! Wonder how long before the veracity of that tale starts to fray?

A little conflict isn't a terrible thing, if the results are what we've done this window.

It's a bit of a double edged sword for me. Had we got another centre half like Rudiger in, then Japhet may have been able to get out on loan as well as the others. A full season behind him for a top championship side could be the making of him. Now he might find himself making up the numbers with the others if he doesn't make the match day squad. I say "might" because perhaps it could play out differently.

Given who our targets where it seems crystal to me that we wanted a younger player with experience - so I wonder will we now take a chance on Tangy as that CB hole filler...?

We have a myriad of options atm.

Toby, Dier, Sanchez, Davies & Tanganga.