Charlton/Sunderland | Vital Football

Charlton/Sunderland

NYC_LATICS

Vital Reserves Team
What a finish at Wembley.

Congrats to Jason Pearce who came on at halftime and contributed to the promotion victory.

Unfortunate for Power to go off injured so early on. Grigg came on with just over a half hour left and looked as if he couldn't be bothered for the entirety of his short shift.

Well earned victory for Charlton even though the promotion bonus from Sunderland would've been nice for us.

Two pretty poor teams I thought from the bits I saw.

I'm guessing Charlton will be favourites for the drop without investment.

The worry is what shite we'll buy from Sunderland during the summer.

Folk will whinge at us losing out on that 300k but it’ll be worth it long term. Sunderland will have no problem stepping up with their budget, but Charlton will struggle with their bad owner still in charge.

I’d consider McGeady from Sunderland as a Powell replacement if he takes a wage cut. The rest aren’t worth touching.

Shall we have a sweepstake on which player we get linked with first? I’ll go for Cattermole.

Only one I'd even consider for a moment would be McGeady, but at 33 he's hardly the type of up and comer that we should be looking at. He'd be a quick fix for one season at best, and would be very unlikely to make the starting XI unless someone was injured. I'd much rather give one of our young lads a chance in those circumstances, and Gary Roberts has proved several times that he is still up to stepping in to 'fill a gap' when needed.

Sunderland were very poor and despite the outcry on here when Grigg was sold it showed the club were right to take the money, he was totally anonymous and not for the first time according to the mackem fans! They are furious about that deal!!
Well done IEC you pinched the money off them!!

Sunderland were very poor and despite the outcry on here when Grigg was sold it showed the club were right to take the money, he was totally anonymous and not for the first time according to the mackem fans! They are furious about that deal!!
Well he wouldn't be my first choice to bring him on and play him on the right wing.

Well he wouldn't be m
Folk will whinge at us losing out on that 300k but it’ll be worth it long term. Sunderland will have no problem stepping up with their budget, but Charlton will struggle with their bad owner still in charge.

I’d consider McGeady from Sunderland as a Powell replacement if he takes a wage cut. The rest aren’t worth touching.
We had a sell on clause with Jason Pearce should Charlton get promoted. Not sure how much.
Lots out on quite a bit of gate receipts with Sunderland failing but for non season card holders Charlton will be 20 quid rather than a 30 quid game for Sunderland.

Sunderland fans.....more Billy big time fans. Think because they can get 40k crowds on, they have a divine right. Nope.

Glad Charlton have come up. Decent club, nice fans. Nice ground and away day.

Dont want and Sunderland players. They are where they are for a reason. We have to look for better than that.