Charlton Away | Vital Football

Charlton Away

LSB2

Vital Football Hero
Anyone worked out a better way to get their by train? They don't go direct now from Medway, and have to change a couple of times it seems. A cab is £40 EW, which isn't bad between four people, but you can't have a beer in a cab!

Easiest way Gimmer tells me is drive up to Slade Green station, there is off street parking, then hop on the train for a few stops to Charlton (about 15 mins). Obviously not a good idea if you intend to have a few drinks and drive back. Only home fans are allowed on the Valley Express coaches apparently. Scally did say if I recall correctly that if we did not like what was happening at GFC to bugger off and watch Charlton (or words to that effect), so on 29/12 he will be right.

Anyone worked out a better way to get their by train? They don't go direct now from Medway, and have to change a couple of times it seems. A cab is £40 EW, which isn't bad between four people, but you can't have a beer in a cab!
I am going to this one with my Son in Law and assumed we could get a train as I have been past the ground before. That’s pissed me off with no direct trains as we are planning on having a few beers

I am going to this one with my Son in Law and assumed we could get a train as I have been past the ground before. That’s pissed me off with no direct trains as we are planning on having a few beers

Yeah, they stopped the direct trains a while ago. Do you drive? Gimmer has given us a route lol
The Charlton coach is for home fans, and I'm guessing we'd stand out as Gllls fans.
Anyone drive a mini bus, that's doesn't mind getting to Charlton for about 2pm, and driving back at around 10pm? Drop offs at Strood, Rochester, and two for Sittingbourne? lol

Thameslink line not running fully between Xmas and new year then? What a pain in the arse. I was in two minds about going to the match but a 1 hour 30 mins train journey including a 25 minute wait at Dartford has made the decision for me.

Yeah, they stopped the direct trains a while ago. Do you drive? Gimmer has given us a route lol
The Charlton coach is for home fans, and I'm guessing we'd stand out as Gllls fans.
Anyone drive a mini bus, that's doesn't mind getting to Charlton for about 2pm, and driving back at around 10pm? Drop offs at Strood, Rochester, and two for Sittingbourne? lol
If you get to Charlton for 2 pm that means about 5.5 hours in the pub before kick off! Load of piss heads :cheers: :guiness:

Err, the Thameslink train to Luton via Blackfriars goes from Rainham and stops at Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Gravesend, Dartford and Charlton on the way?

Unless I'm mistaken?...

Last time I went there which was quite a few years ago - when we drew 2-2 and Dennis Oli scored - they did specials from Medway and stopped at Charlton. Not sure if they would do that these days as would involve the railway companies doing something for customers and they are generally only run for the benefit of their shareholders and union member employees these days!

Err, the Thameslink train to Luton via Blackfriars goes from Rainham and stops at Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Gravesend, Dartford and Charlton on the way?

Unless I'm mistaken?...

Not on the day of the game according to the national rail app. They are running up until Xmas and again in the new year so must just be for two weeks.

Unless I'm mistaken?...

Yeah, not according to National Rail? On the day if the game it's a couple of changes.

I'll do it for a grand 😉

It's the going rate for saaaarf of the river guv.

Normally its direct but engineering works on the line between Xmas and NY have added an extra 30 mins to the normal hour service. Bloody typical just when we need a decent turn out of fans too. I hope it doesn't put too many people off from travelling

Normally its direct but engineering works on the line between Xmas and NY have added an extra 30 mins to the normal hour service. Bloody typical just when we need a decent turn out of fans too. I hope it doesn't put too many people off from travelling

Is that just those fully vaccinated lol!