Charlie Wyke | Page 3 | Vital Football

Charlie Wyke

Without wanting to sound ungrateful to him, if he's not going to carry on his career he needs to get it sorted sooner rather than later so that the club can make a claim on their insurance.

He will need to make a claim on his and we will need to make a separate claim, longer it goes on the lower the payout for us.
Out of curiosity, have you read the small print of the Club's insurance policy?

Sounds like he's trying to attract interest from other clubs. But that aint gonna happen. No club is going to pay that sort of wage for Wyke ever again.

Out of curiosity, have you read the small print of the Club's insurance policy?

No, but I have read a players insurance contract and been involved in a players claim. Clubs should have policies to cover their side and so should players but some don't and use basic pfa union cover. I'd be very surprised if Wyke hasn't cover.

If a manager is publicly asked about a player under contract for another year he's generally going to only say positive things as there is no benefit from saying anything else.

It might be completely genuine, but even if it isn't they'd probably say the same thing as if they did say they wanted them gone and were unable to move them out you have to try and get something out of them after you demoralised them. Plus talking badly about a player probably makes them less appealing to other clubs.

So whatever Maloney says about anyone it's impossible to know how much it reflects his private thoughts. I suspect Maloney would be equally positive about the players he knows he wants to keep and release if asked.

Wigan Athletic striker Charlie Wyke deflected praise on to his colleagues after being named the Sky Bet League One Player of the Month for August.

Well done Charlie!

CW_Radiant.jpg

Wigan Athletic striker Charlie Wyke deflected praise on to his colleagues after being named the Sky Bet League One Player of the Month for August.

Well done Charlie!

View attachment 68197

A walking miracle. Well done and totally deserved.