Charlie Hughes | Page 2 | Vital Football

Charlie Hughes

I now I now. but to not be in Rotherham or Plymouths position is nice for a change. Just to sit back and watch the game is nice

To be fair to JR, its hard to find positives this season with Maloney's style.
Loads of long standing fans near us in the West Stand who have put up with some shite over the years are rebelling against him and are sick of it.
I agree, he has got the results we needed over the season, but playing like we do has to stop, its just so fucking horrible to watch.
It will ultimately drive people away.
I get all of that, but in a one off season like the one we're in, I think a little leeway is fair.

Some of it's been shite, some of it hasn't, but I still maintain that not everyone acknowledges both offerings.

I get JR's feelings, but I don't get the need to make almost every post in almost every thread a pop at the manager and his style of play. We get it.

Personally, I hope we continue this style next season, but (obviously) improve in how we perform it. Played well (like we have ... at times, albeit far too infrequently) it's great, played poorly(like we have far too often), it's awful.

Being poor at summat doesn't mean you should pack it in ... just improve.

Last edited:
I get all of that, but in a one off season like the one we're in, I think a little leeway is fair.

Some of it's been shite, some of it hasn't, but I still maintain that everyone acknowledges both offerings.

I get JR's feelings, but I don't get the need to make almost every post in almost every thread a pop at the manager and his style of play. We get it.

Personally, I hope we continue this style next season, but (obviously) improve in how we perform it. Played well (like we have ... at times, albeit far too infrequently) it's great, played poorly(like we have far too often), it's awful.

Being poor at summat doesn't mean you should pak it in ... just improve.
Football is supposed to be entertaining unlike cricket!