Chapman confirmed | Vital Football

Chapman confirmed

I’d be surprised if we signed Holy or Allsopp now as that would be a lot of money on goalkeepers.
When you think last year we had the cheap French keeper who was never likely to play as backup.

I’d be surprised if we signed Holy or Allsopp now as that would be a lot of money on goalkeepers.
When you think last year we had the cheap French keeper who was never likely to play as backup.
I still think we will sign a young talented keeper (loan or permanent)thus Evans saying Chapman was number one or two.

Chapman will get the #1 shirt.
He won’t be cheap.
If he plays as well as those clips, we’ve got a good keeper.

Like Lloyd, never heard of him, but again trust Evans to get the right man. I googled him and see that he's 6'8", which is good. Played quite a few games at a decent level a few years ago, but doesn't seem to have done much for a few years, so wonder whether he's number one or a back-up?

Quite a few ins and outs (of goalies) at QPR so wouldn`t rule out Joe Walsh being loaned to GFC. Though, QPR would want him playing games rather than sat on the bench. So loan move to L2 or NLP may be more likely.

SE knows the guy and must be confident that he’ll be fine at our level.
Let’s remember, Bonham was nothing more than a good solid league one keeper.
Every player bought in so far, Tutonda excepted, has played at our level or higher.
I watched the video on Tutonda and I’m thinking that SE possibly doesn’t see him as a left back and that he may be some kind of Graham replacement, whipping in crosses for Big V.
I still thinking that we may go three across the back with Tutonda and Jackson as wingbacks when playing the higher flying sides.
It gives him options.

I think Chapman's CV appears to point to a good number two who could perhaps step up .Risky signing as a number one.But if Evans is now after a keeper who has talent but lacks experience it would point to needing better back up .We have done well finding talented young Goalkeepers over the last few decades.We need to sell a player every year to keep things ticking over.With a fair bit of experience brought in there is not much if anything to sell among the new recruits thus far.