Champions this season | Page 3 | Vital Football

Champions this season

I can see Hughes going to a top Premier league club at the end of this season with said club loaning him back to us. I'd expect a very good fee. As much as I want him to stay & develop with us, I do think sadly he'll be snapped up soon-ish.
As long as we get a fair price I don't mind that. Obviously I'd be disappointed in not having him but the part of previous young players leaving that hurt was the unfair price tag

As long as we get a fair price I don't mind that. Obviously I'd be disappointed in not having him but the part of previous young players leaving that hurt was the unfair price tag

We need this to happen if we want the club to become sustainable and grow.

Brentford are the prime example before getting to the Prem, they started by signing players for a couple of hundred grand and sold them for a few million, then moved to singing players for a couple of million to selling for 10m+ and then signing players for 5m+ and selling them for 20m.

Every time Brentford sold a top player they probably spent about half of that money on replacements that ended up giving them a stronger squad and balanced the books. Then they'd repeat the cycle every year and it allowed them to incrementally grow and improve their way to the Prem. Although it's easier said than done, it shows what can be done if you can get your recruitment right.