Champions league Preview v Dortmund. | Vital Football

Champions league Preview v Dortmund.

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Win the game, win the group.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523838">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Champions league Preview v Dortmund.

I do not expect that too many minds will be on our surrender on Saturday. But I do hope that dreams of an historic achievement, one where credibility and hope can be regained is.

Our Opponents, a laughing stock?

Dortmund have slipped, one time brief leaders of the Bundesliga, there is now talk of a 'crisis` according to Bild.

Bild say that Dortmund are in danger of turning into the Bundesliga`s 'laughing stock` after only getting one point out of their last five league games. My German colleagues tells me that injuries, a change in tactics brought about by an uncertain panicking coach who lost faith after we beat them 3-1 have all combined to change a positive atmosphere around the club to one where it`s rapidly becoming more of a debate about how long the coach Peter Bosz can cling on to his job.

Dortmund did put in a credible performance against the league leaders and are said to be regaining their rhythm and have re-found their pressing dynamic style with its quick slick accurate passing and movement.

So assuming that their more recent downturn in form after we beat them at Wembley is likely to continue would be a big mistake. Both us and Dortund have contrived to lose 3 out of the last 5 games and both have also looked lacklustre and drained in the process.

To even have a chance of qualifying,Dortmund need to win and win well, I expect them to be motivated and back to their best and that means they`re going to be a stern test for us. Aubameyang is also back, and he's as talismanic for them as Kane is for us.

Dortmund had suspended the striker for the Bundesliga game on Friday against VfB Stuttgart after he arrived too late for the final training session before the match.

What about us. Champions league or Premier League form?

Given our form, I suspect that a draw is the best most Spurs fans expectations can stretch to after coming off a bitter defeat to our North London neighbors.

If we win in Dortmund, we secure top spot, an achievement which when the draw was announced looked extremely unlikely, so much so that most pundits called it the 'group of death' - at least as far as Tottenham are concerned. Far from dying and being booted out early we've done a great job and (so far) shown we belong in the Champions league, as opposed to our last campaign where we proved conclusively, we didn't.

We`re out of the league cup and by most peoples reckoning (and mine) we`ve got no hope of winning the Premier League; that fantasy (for those that held it) has now been well and truly crushed. This leaves us with an effort we can make in the FA Cup (my last best hope for silverware this season) or miraculously winning the Champions League.

Those that believe we can win the Champions league only have to have a quick chat with the fairies at the bottom of the garden to get a reality check, the fairies won`t hold back, nor will the hob Goblins or the gnomes that live in the Wood; country folk they maybe, but they know their football.

Who will start?

Poch will most likely put our best foot forward and that for me means starting Sanchez, Dier and Vert as the three at the back with Aurier and Rose working the outside channels. The issue is who starts in midfield?

Personally I wouldn`t even have Dembele on the bench let alone start, but I have a feeling Poch will do just that. Winks will start and he`ll play his normal excellent game.

Then of course it will be every ballerinas dream partner (he`s got to dance better than he can play), namely Sissoko. He`s a big lump and he will magnificently get in their way (and ours) and run at them, which at full pace can frighten anyone. Of course if they see the ball at his feet at the same time, they`ll just stop chasing,point and laugh as we all cry when he skies it or passes it six feet behind someone who can do actually do something with it., I guess if lightening can strike twice he night bumble, stumble and make something happen., if he does I do hope the scouts for any Turkish club are watching and send home reports of a rampaging warrior with a great touch, if they do, we might just get our money back - I still get laughing phone calls from barcode supporters. They don't say anything, just laugh and laugh.

That leaves us to drag on a knackered Eriksen 9 (should be fitter for his rest and relaxation on Saturday), a strapped up trier in Harry and the non-trier Alli the illusionist (he looks like he can play, talks like he can play, but fails to play except when he wants) to break away and nick a goal.

Chances are we`ll soak up the pressure and Lloris will find his backbone again and put in a credible performance rather than one where standing still and falling backwards counts as being part of a goalkeepers repertoire.

As I said, the best my expectations can muster is a hard fought draw, but wouldn`t a win pick us (me) up and restore the faith?

from now on, after extensive research - previews will be a sticky thread in the announcements section until after the game..

I would like to see Winks and Alli in the middle with Son taking Alli's place up top. I am not averse to Foyth or Davies taking a CB slot for this. Dier needs a rest I think. Keeper choice will be interesting Gazzaniga needs minutes and looked good last time out.

Well we HAD to beat Arse and didn't, so I can't see us winning a game that we don't really need to win.

Maybe this can be Poch's chance to win something. Our Group!

Is it in our interests to finish top of the group still ? Does it mean playing some second place teams from other groups that should have finished first ?

Fun time...

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=44110&posts=2

Team: - Lloris (C), Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane

Subs:- Vorm, Davies, Foyth, Trippier, Dembele, Sissoko, Llorente

Absolutely retarded selection for a dead rubber and players who are not 100%

why are we risking Jan/Kane/Alli?

Kinygerbils - 21/11/2017 19:03

Absolutely retarded selection for a dead rubber and players who are not 100%

why are we risking Jan/Kane/Alli?

Can only assume that he/the players want that top spot badly...?

Win next time out and we will be top on the head to head anyway

Kinygerbils - 21/11/2017 20:25

Should have scored

Kane isnt fit is he?

Harry on one leg is better than that gooner **** Llorente, and that's always the trouble with Poch, the backup he gets in anywhere upfront is a sick joke.

Tactics designed to put Ovaltine out of business. This “philosophy” just doesn’t create a winning mentality but does allow losers to conserve their energy. Danny Rose looks like a tub of lard and is playing like it.