Champions League Final | Vital Football

Champions League Final

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
Going for Spurs, purely because it would be fantastic for an ex Gills player to bag a winners medal.
Paulo will likely start on the bench but you never know!

My Southampton supporting cousins are refusing to watch and say some fellow Saints fans won't either . They see Spurs and Liverpool as the 2 sides that completely asset stripped their improving club of their top players and manager a couple of seasons back.

Question for ValenciaGill - what is expected temperature in Madrid today? Here in S of France it's already very hot and forecast to be in excess of 30 deg. If it's any higher there I don't envy the players or the fans!
If it will be that high I expect a very slow tactical game.

Not expecting a classic, God only knows how Spurs have made it through, bang average most of the season. Got Liverpool at 12/1 at the start of the season so will be cheering them on!

With the obvious Klopp connection to The Gills, I'm going for Liverpool. 2-0. Where's Patchy?!

Last edited:
Question for ValenciaGill - what is expected temperature in Madrid today? Here in S of France it's already very hot and forecast to be in excess of 30 deg. If it's any higher there I don't envy the players or the fans!
If it will be that high I expect a very slow tactical game.

32c for Madrid today , while where I am is a chilly 26 !

I'm hoping for a cracker - something like the 1960 final in front of over 120,000 at Hampden Park when Madrid beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7 - 3. One of my all time football memories alongside England winning the '66 World Cup and the incredible final in 1970 when Brazil toppled Italy plus Gills v Bury - our first match under lights. We've already had a treat with two improbable semi-final victories but here's hoping.

Going for Spurs, purely because it would be fantastic for an ex Gills player to bag a winners medal.

My Southampton supporting cousins are refusing to watch and say some fellow Saints fans won't either . They see Spurs and Liverpool as the 2 sides that completely asset stripped their improving club of their top players and manager a couple of seasons back.

Personally, I think them bring “asset stripped” has helped keep Southampton sustainable. Those players would never have stayed there, so they should be grateful they received top whack for them rather than the players sulk / run their contracts down and leave for fuck all.

Loads of my mates are big spurs supporters and have made the trip, so I hope they get the result they want

Personally, I think them bring “asset stripped” has helped keep Southampton sustainable. Those players would never have stayed there, so they should be grateful they received top whack for them rather than the players sulk / run their contracts down and leave for fuck all.

Yep, I agree, but all us fans think the world is against our own clubs, don't we!

Hoping for a Liverpool victory tonight being a closet gooner.

Would imagine that there'll be a minutes silence and black arm bands after the sad news about the death of Jose Antonio Reyes. RIP

Hoping for a Liverpool victory tonight being a closet gooner.

Would imagine that there'll be a minutes silence and black arm bands after the sad news about the death of Jose Antonio Reyes. RIP

Very sad news that.And onlyin his late 30’s I believe.
RIP Jose.

There is already an ex Gill Champions League winner in Ryan Bertrand who won it with Chelsea and started in the final.