Chairman’s Report...Oh Lord... | Vital Football

Chairman’s Report...Oh Lord...

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
Let’s say he’s got a few things to get off his chest!
Scally's released his end-of-season report:

- "Seriously considering over the coming weeks whether I wish to continue in my role" citing abuse, from pub graffiti to singing 'Scally, Scally you're a ****' when 3-0 up at Blackpool!

- Anderson's called in his debt, he's the former director currently facing facing fraud charges in USA

- has discussed with Evans “...his need to temper his outbursts [using a website outburst], and to try and focus his energy in a more positive manner”

- Q&A/drinks with Steve Evans on 4th June

- ‘Soon’ announcing new ‘concept’ for Factory, opening 5/6 nights a week and becoming a community hub

- Macron to be new kit suppliers, no more from Sri Lanka.

Last edited:
Christ on a bike, it is War and Peace volume 2. I agree with him that the abuse he has been receiving is totally unacceptable. However he has done very well out of GFC and this looks like another playing the victim essay. We are all grateful for what we have had however if you wish to walk away then thanks and good bye. You are going to divide the fan base by appointing Mr Evans - your call so you live with it if and when it all ends in tears.

Its seems a very similar story to one he has written before. Throws in a bit of fear factor aka what if I just walked away and then talks about plans for the future.

Don't get me wrong no one should face abuse at work and Priestfield is his place of work.

The worst case scenario of him walking is administration, we get the points deduction, probably get relegated and then have to find a new owner. Is that apocalyptic ? Not in my view.

Evans it is then - you can still get 1/5 if you fancy it !

Let’s say he’s got a few things to get off his chest!
- Anderson’s called in his debt
- Q&A/drinks with Steve Evans on 4th June
- ‘Soon’ announcing new ‘concept’ for Factory, opening 5/6 nights a week and becoming a community hub
- Macron to be new kit suppliers
60% of the report is complaining about people being horrible to him online and in the RE and why do i bother, i could walk away etc blah blah drone.....conveniently not mentioning there are 311,000 reasons why you dont walk away Paul ! Anyway despite the childish ranting, I applaud the Chairman for his bold move so well done, lets get on with it and support the team and hope to hell this comes off. COYG

A very odd way of winning friends. Scally you have lost it big time.

Hasn't he just?

He is making out that our fans are a bunch of neanderthals and yet he was a Millwall supporter?

He must think to himself, why do I deserve this abuse? It's not as if I have read any messages from fans on message boards or anything and then decided to do the exact opposite of their wishes to wind them up, is it?

Oh....hang on a minute....

I am not justifying filthy abuse but what he has been getting from fans will seem like a teddy bears picnic after 6 months working with the fat one.

i support everything he wrote.

If its a choice between scally or the 'scally out wankrs' ps is talking about then i back ps, those banner waving, scally out chanting cnts need to f off from our club.
back the team at matches, complain afterwards.
What was the home game where we were pushing for a last minute important goal (we may have had a corner at the time?), and two blokes decided to unfurl a banner in block 4 or 5 and sing about Scally?

O
What was the home game where we were pushing for a last minute important goal (we may have had a corner at the time?), and two blokes decided to unfurl a banner in block 4 or 5 and sing about Scally?
Oxford? I don’t get the constant criticism yeah we would all like to be challenging for promotion every season but what do some people expect

O

Oxford? I don’t get the constant criticism yeah we would all like to be challenging for promotion every season but what do some people expect
I think there are some valid reasons for fans to dislike him and to campaign against him. Unfortunately every protest makes you distance yourselves from the protestors.

I can't really work out where he's coming from. For someone with such poor PR, how can he complain that he's the victim in all this? He's a victim of circumstance; a circumstance he has created. He's rarely ever given a straight answer on anything to do with the Club's finances and yet there's a significant minority interest in GFC Ltd. Of course, the abuse is wrong but chanting Scally out is not up to a point; how else can fans voice their opinions when there is no opportunity to do so other than these occasional dog and pony shows, where very little is ever revealed. the other day, someone made a comment regarding the gesture made by the Huddersfield chairman; compared with Scally, chalk and cheese come to mind.

Scally's playing the old soldier, who is not appreciated; I think we're all grateful for him rescuing the Club and all was fine until the major ground improvements started; moneys were fast leaking out of the Club's coffers with no explanation given. There were massive loans that got shifted from here to there and back again and then mysteriously written off - again with no explanation other than to hide behind the old commercially sensitive door. Companies have been liquidated and subsequently and miraculously restored to the Register - none of these actions can be considered without some degree of suspicion.

As for appointing Evans, that's his choice because the fans don't count and, yes, Evans is no worse than many out there but certainly no better than many other potential candidates.

Mr Scally, I don't know if it's your personality that makes you appear to treat fans in general with disdain for merely wanting explanations for some of the things that have gone on in an around the Club over the years but you cannot turn round and complain when you're treated with disapproval and opprobrium - personal abuse is never acceptable, of course.

Be a bit more open and honest with the fans and your next report will be very different, I'm sure, but I wont be holding my breath.

Same old, same old.

Everyone's out to get me so I know what I'll do. I'll appoint a total tosser as manager and threaten to walk once I've had a think about it.

Bollocks you'll walk. Not likely to ditch £300k plus at least as much again in benefits and pensions. For the pedants I have no figures but if you've got a brain then you'll know the headline figure will be just the tip of the iceberg.

He's told Evans that he needs to curb it. Highly unlikely in an interview situation. You don't recruit people who have huge holes in their skill set. You recruit people who have no holes.

Right. Where's my next work of fiction to read. John Grisham per chance.

All in all, regardless of your views, I will say the report is in fact a work of literary genius. So good in fact that Durham has already received several nominations for the prestigious Booker Prize award.

This is all about communications skills. I don't disagree with any of Scally's sentiments, but he doesn't half go on! His sentences last forever. He could have said everything in half the time, and with more conciliatory language. However - I don't dispute that this comes from the heart. Who'd want to sit in a public arena and have people hurl four-letter words at them? Some of our fans need to grow up.

I'm a fan of GFC. Steve Evans is now the manager and Scally remains as chairman. Onwards and upwards.