chairman's chat / letter | Vital Football

chairman's chat / letter

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
This was spoken about on the 1st February but the letter has not appeared yet.

I thought he said "in the next 10 days".

He does have a habit of delivering late. I guess that there are just a lot of competing priorities. Frankly, I don’t think a letter is necessary. The chairman’s chat video format is good - why spend time and energy writing a 20-page rant about all the problems?

Much easier to get the language right in a written communication. Whether he does or not is a whole different conversation!
Are you going to Accrington ? We are and are staying up the week for the Sunderland match for a feast or ..er a famine of football….

Are you going to Accrington ? We are and are staying up the week for the Sunderland match for a feast or ..er a famine of football….
Not going to Accrington this time Jem, but I and the rest of the family will be at Sunderland for the 3rd year running. Staying on the Saturday night at the local Premier Inn, the height of luxury in that part of the world!

Why will Mr Scally not keep his mouth shut, he’s answered a letter from someone on Facebook page and still denying the embargo is not a real embargo .
So Mr Scally why not prove the facts, and I am not a Scally hater so I realise he is trying too protect the club .

I'm in the box tomorrow with a mate who's got a box at GFC. Last time I was privileged to do that, I got to have a chat with PS. If there's a repeat, I'll ask him and report back.

Ask him if we can have a re-birth of the chicken tikka pies that Danny Spiller was the poster boy for

I must admit to wondering the same thing about Paul Scally's latest book promotion. I thought it might have been withdrawn for legal reasons or something similar. Perhaps he has finally realised that having a letter attacking a element of the fan base going out on a regular basis does nothing to get bums on seats .Quite the opposite those his attacking stay away and use it to attack him more.Those casual fans stay away as they don't want to go to a place that could have trouble within previously safe areas of the ground. Or listen to vile verbal abuse against someone who has done nothing worse than own a football club.
He has taken a income in keeping with the size of the business they are running.All be it it would be high for that immediate area it worth noting that given the hassle that many fans with the funds have gone on record in saying they would not want to run our club.I have some significant sympathy for Scally right now as it really isn't a great time to sell the business. I would guess that that is the biggest reason Scally has broken the bank if necessary to get in a very impressive management team.With Neil Harris at the helm we really could start developing players and actually start making profits from time to time.No point in continuing the cycle of bringing in ten or more players a year on free transfers and expecting a miracle. It is simply not going to happen especially if we are paying below average wages in a area that is getting more and more expensive to live.
We need someone who can make talented players into league players. Nobody can convince me that there simply isn't the talent available. It is the coaching that has failed over the last twenty years or more. Football clubs like ours have been far too short sighted. Scally has proved that he is willing to stick with a manager.That is one main ingredient that is required to develop players.
Two and a half years is not enough to change years of a philosophy that is going nowhere over many years. But hopefully Scally and Harris can start something that we and our children can be proud of in years to come.

Last edited:
Not going to Accrington this time Jem, but I and the rest of the family will be at Sunderland for the 3rd year running. Staying on the Saturday night at the local Premier Inn, the height of luxury in that part of the world!
Ha indeed. We’re in the Travel Lodge on Newcastle Quayside with the Wetherspoon's next door..

Yesterday’s programme notes:

“As you may recall I was planning to have an open letter available to supporters before kick-off today but it has been an incredibly busy week or so, hence a slight delay. I hope to have this our in the very near future. I appreciate many of you have been waiting for it to go live, but naturally these things take time. However, rest assured, it is in progress.”

In that case, I can only think that's why people can't wait to see it, so they can have a good old whinge. After all, things have felt positive for a few weeks now, we can't have that......can we?

I got the impression from the last once he was going to announce something big. that's why i am interested.
He needs to go sooner rather than later.