Celtic v RC | Vital Football

Celtic v RC

FLAG DAY FOR THE CHAMPIONS :emoticon:70 :emoticon:55

Celtic: Gordon; Ambrose, Boyata, van Dijk, Tierney; Brown, Johansen; Forrest, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven; Griffiths

Subs: Bailly, Janko, Rogic, Bitton, Commons, Scepovic, McGregor

Four changes from the other night with Ambrose, Tierney, Forrest & Griffiths starting. Tierney at LB. Ronnie likely resting, Bitcoin, Izzy and Lustig. While the SFA are resting Ciftci...

Here we go 5 in a row \o/

Forrest brought down inside the box in the 2nd min.

First goal of the new season took a whopping 3 mins to arrive. Leigh Griffiths scores for #Celtic 1-0

HT 2-0

Playing high up the pitch and closing them down quickly. Packed defence so clear cut chances have been scarce. Scepovic has been posted missing since coming on.

FT 2-0

Good 1st run out, and at a high tempo, which will have done our fitness a power of good. Passing & touch will improve.

Teirney done well at LB before picking up a knock 2nd half. Armstrong was my motm. Janko impressed again when he came on and Commons pulled all the strings after comimg off the bench

Forrest was disappointing and ineffective in equal measure.
Scepovic applied vanishing cream prior to entering the fray. Sceppo, as oor Welch calls him, is worse than a man down. The sooner we get rid of this shite excuse of a 'striker' the better. Woeful and a shitebag to boot.

#HereWeGo10inArow!

Not a bad opening performance in all yesterday! It was a shame that Griffiths had to go off, hopefully it's nothing serious.

The goals were good, but it should have been more!

Ambrose played well, even when switched to LB. Doesn't really offer as much creativity or pace down the flank obviously but he did well!
Boyata and VVD were solid but there were times where they just coasted through the game a little too much, not tracking back or being caught out of position a little too much.
Tierney had a good, solid game, not the most attacking I've seen from him but at his age and level of experience, that's the sort of performance we want from him! Don't try anything too flashy, keep it simple, solid and effective!
Johansen I don't think is quite at the level of last season yet, I know he scored but other than that I didn't see too much from him!
Armstrong was good and because Johansen was playing in the deeper CM role in place of Bitton, Armstrong seemed to have to do a lot more work to help out Brown! It almost became more of a 4-3-3 at times! Worked hard, put in some good challenges, created things and slipped seamlessly back into CM when Commons came on!
I think Brown has been out of sorts the last few games, not quite his usual class. He's been effective at breaking up play but has failed to quite dominate the midfield and create things going forward!
GMS and Forrest, they did OK, GMS was better but neither really offered that much pace and failed to really get beyond the fullbacks to get crosses in. That could partly be down to how Ross County played against us though.
Griffiths, well we didn't see much of him but what we did he was looking dangerous and a handful as usual.
Scepovic was pish! Would much rather keep hold of Stokes and had him come on from the bench than Sceppo!
Janko looks good, still think he's a good option at RB but there was a few times where I just wish he'd been a bit more direct and taken his man on. Saying that, there were a few times he was left with 2 men watching him because Forrest was drifting so far inside!
Commons.....as much as he frustrates me at times, he did well yesterday! He also did well when he came on against Qarabag, despite his lack of playing time he's looked sharp! He's offering creativity, something that isn't coming from anywhere else on the pitch at the moment! GMS tries and so does Armstrong, but it's not quite the same!

Was quite pleased to see Deila mix it up a bit ahead of the long trip to Qarabag this week! I prefer Armstrong either playing CM if we are going to do a lot of attacking because he can pick it up in midfield and run with it or I like him in the Johansen role. Wide left is OK for him in some games but not every game!

Deila said after the game he wasn't happy with the second half performance, I think a lot of that was down to having a crap striker up front. You either need someone to play off, or someone who will offer something themselves. Scepovic does neither of those!

Celtic team: Gordon; Lustig, Boyata, Sviatchenko, Tierney; Brown, Bitton; Mackay-Steven, Johansen, Armstrong; Griffiths

Subs: Bailly, Izaguirre, Mulgrew, McGregor, Kazim-Richards, Rogic, Forrest

Allan, Christie, Roberts and Commons don't even make the bench ffs!

Latest Celtic News