Cash for access | Vital Football

Cash for access

taffontyne

Vital Football Hero
Club now want the media to pay for interviews with players.

Screw the club I say - don't play along with it. It'll be meaningless platitudes you get anyway. Write what you think instead, wonderfully liberating that must be surely?

Good luck with changing the way the football world works Mike.

Heading towards nufc tv channel, banning the papers was just the excuse he needed to screw more money out of the media.

Just does not get it does he.....

How can you stop a player talking to the press in his spare time. As long as it's not on NUFC soil I can't see how they can enforce the rule. Are they going to fine players that do talk to the press? Simply another ludicrous idea from the fat ****. If he wants more money into the club why don't Shite Direct pay for their fucking advertising.

If a paper gets an exclusive then they should pay for it as it's designed to get their paper more customers or cash in the long run.

How can he stop Sky , BT Sports the BBC etc as they all pay for premiership rights ? Be funny if he tried it with them and they sued his fat ass off .

How can he stop Sky , BT Sports the BBC etc as they all pay for premiership rights ? Be funny if he tried it with them and they sued his fat ass off .

I don't think any fan worth his salt would want to read sleep-enhancing stuff that sees the light of day following a process of filtration from media, back to club, marked in red, back to media and then to the great unwashed.

Wendy Taylors probably going to have to work the full 24 hour day now to make sure no one talks to anybody.

Players have to be available for media outlets 4 times a week compulsory.
Basically owt over that is chargeable.

They'll probably go along with any old shit CM, as long as they get access. Some of the rubbish I hear on tv from players is an insult to the intelligence. Matt Prior over in Oz got it right yesterday - time for talking to stop, time to deliver on the pitch.

At the end of the day, not much will change as exclusive interviews are few and far between.

Papers make up so much stuff anyway and will continue to do so, maybe more now.

We don't believe a word that gets spouted anyway as words speak loudest on a pitch.

Makes sound commercial sense. The Club has kept the Chronicle afloat for years.
For decades many/most? people only bought the Chronicle for it's NUFC coverage.

You get nowt for nowt these days - access to anything that sells newspapers has to be worth something.
Of course like all other media they will have to continue to apply their erm impeccable journalistic standards.

It's a generally accepted business practice that free publicity through editorial coverage generates extra income through sales. No interviews with players results in lower player profile therefore fewer shirt sales identified with each player. Similarly, less interest is generated per match.

Ashley should be familiar with the principle on the basis that he pays nothing for SD advertising at the ground, which is broadcast around the world via Sky, BT, BBC et al.

In short, it appear an unwise move but if TV revenues are to continue to increase at the rate they have been, losses of income through match attendances and commercial sales are easily offset.

PAY for the privilege of listening to a Premiership player interview? Fucking hell, we've reached a new low here!

WE should be paid to listen to their cliché ridden, inane meaningless drivel.

I've heard it all now. The fat **** IS the anti-christ!

The media helped create the monster that is the P/L and the current owners and chairman need to tread carefully because the media loves nothing better than building something up before they knock it down, personally i think it would be great if the P/L fell out of vogue with the masses then perhaps we can get back to how it used to be (sits at desk dreaming). Also would anyone actually pay to listen to interviews from professional footballers, personally i would pay not to have to listen to the crap that they spout.