Cas on Bruce | Vital Football

Cas on Bruce

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
I was listening to Talksport yesterday morning with Tony Cascarino and they mentioned that Steve Bruce was joining Jeff Stelling for the Morning show this Tuesday (6 a.m to 10 a.m).

Cas piped up about their two and half years together at "gillinum" and suggested they ask Brucie about his pre match meals at home. Apparently Cas witnessed Mrs Bruce serving hubby up with a massive meal that consisted of things like Mash, sausage, etc.

Another era. :LOL:

I was listening to Talksport yesterday morning with Tony Cascarino and they mentioned that Steve Bruce was joining Jeff Stelling for the Morning show this Tuesday (6 a.m to 10 a.m).

Cas piped up about their two and half years together at "gillinum" and suggested they ask Brucie about his pre match meals at home. Apparently Cas witnessed Mrs Bruce serving hubby up with a massive meal that consisted of things like Mash, sausage, etc.

Steve Bruce was at Salford v Stockport last Thursday. He was with Roy Keane. Has connections with Salford (Smith) but still gets plenty of games in ! Gotta love Stevie.

Probably better than a Wimpy to be fair.

I don’t know whether Cochrane and Shearer pre match routine of various Gillingham pubs is myth or fact, but it’s a great story.
I think they regularly popped for a pint in the Gills social club before getting ready for the match. Not sure about Cochrane but after the game I often used to see Shearer in the Clarendon and had a chat a few times, although could have done with subtitles!

I think they regularly popped for a pint in the Gills social club before getting ready for the match. Not sure about Cochrane but after the game I often used to see Shearer in the Clarendon and had a chat a few times, although could have done with subtitles!
The Clarendon on matchdays around 1982-83 had some right nutcases in there, dont think many left there sober before a Saturday match.

I tuned in to the last hour of the programme and Cas ended up co-presenting (I think it was meant to be Gab Agbonlahor) so there was a lot of banter, particularly with Jeff Stelling in the middle. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Someone called Jamie the Gills fan texted in to ask Brucie how he thought SC was getting on and he said well, and that he deserved a crack in the top job. Even he called him Clem.

They all seemed to agree that he (SC) is such a lovely guy.

Steve also said how many clubs had turned him down at the start of his career and how grateful he was to Gillingham for giving him the chance and that he was sure Cas would feel the same.

Last edited: