Carver | Vital Football

Carver

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Makes you think who actually does pick the side.

Here's Carver speaking about Coloccini.

<i> "He's captain of the football club, but he's not like the old-fashioned captain, like a (Alan) Shearer, where he wore that armband and everybody knew who he was.

"Coloccini's not very vocal. He almost plays for himself, if I'm honest.

"It's something that the club will have to address.

"In times like now, when we're in trouble, we need some leaders."

</i>

It's this sort of thing that is an absolute cancer eating away at the club . Carver's all critical now but he helped facilitate that sort of mentality. Colo's fucking made up he's got his winter break in . The training break should be cancelled and they should beast the bastards at 6am every morning every single day through the water at Cullercoats . Soon see a change in attitude .

Shame Carver didn't have the balls to speak up earlier instead of waiting until now. Another **** who cared more about the pay packet.

Carver, like McClaren is weak and licks shoes. Now he has got his money he is talking. They are all cowards

Posted this in September, as i talked with him at a celebrity golf event, his take was they (players), have a agenda, and did not/will not listen to anybody they dis-respect.

Seems like different day, same shite again, a curly haired centre back was told as the main perpetrator of this. Carver wanted him out the door, but was over ruled.

Easy way to sort that out. Get rid of the bad eggs. Or an even better idea, don't sign the ***** in the first place.

I've no doubt that just like the injury prone players we buy we get the ones with troubles too as no other fucker wants them. All ways of doing things on the cheap.

So why did JC not change the captain when he was in charge, he is a sad man trying to live off his 15 minutes of fame.

banjo9 - 15/2/2016 19:18

Whatever John Carver says is insignificant, the bloke is a born loser.

He was in good company alongside Ashley, Pardew and Charnley et al. Money does not mean you're successful.

Its easy to criticise but after being in his company, he was genuinely gutted the way it went.

He is a fan, and did not dodge any questions, he was merely a puppet in the side show.

If you are dealt a poor hand, you stand no chance of winning, especially with the background that has already been described.

I am sure OM & BBC he is prevented from having a go in the press, 1 on 1 he was quite open about it.

The cash he got probably makes life comfortable for him now.

So it comes down to money as I previously mentioned. These things aren't classified information you know, the secrets of SDU won't lead to the downfall of the world and it certainly wouldn't make him a criminal. The simple fact is the bloke has zero morals and is now trying to make himself look like a fan in private to people. He didn't have the balls to stand up to his master because he loved the money too much.

Put yourself his boots OM, hung out to dry by the senior management, players and press, would you jepordise £.5m by giving it he big one?????

He also said McLaren had no chance, and he has been proved right on that..

Exactly. He was a rubbish coach and Manager fact. He may have been a nice guy privately but that counts for nowt in the results business

Toon_NoMatterWot - 16/2/2016 17:59

So if Carver knew the drill and reckoned others had nee chance, why was he continually hoaring himself out for the job full time?

A question that somebody asked, done to deflect any criticism of the players, a classic ferguson/wenger/mourinho trait.

Remember best manager in league after another trouncing????

Toony probably because he knew even if he was shite and he was he would get a canny wedge once he got the push. i don't blame him but i also didn't want him as manager.

Have to admit I ridiculed him on here, however in person was a good bloke.

Circumstances mean he will be lucky to ever get another management job, so why not take jabba for as much as he can. he knew what was coming.

His view was until the club came back into local control, nothing will change, but did not discount it ever happening. His view was a couple of years, and a new takeover was possible.

And he re-iterated, no keegan, that's a done deal.....