Carlisle United (a): Score Predictions & Starting XI | Vital Football

Carlisle United (a): Score Predictions & Starting XI

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
This thread is now open for your score predictions and to discuss the starting XI...

Need to be on top of our game as they’ve suddenly hit form and beating Posh at their place on Friday was a real surprise. Hopefully we’ve dusted off the cobwebs from Friday’s performance (which may have had an element of lacklustre from having no game last week) and we are back in our stride. Be great to have Ethan back. Let’s hope all goes well. UTI 👍

Friday showed how important Erhahon is, and with the other midfield injuries we need him to start all remaining games to be our most effective. Mandriou limped bravely through the 2nd half, will House be up to 2 starts within a few days?

Jensen
Mitchell O'Connor Roughan
Sorensen Erhahon Bishop Hackett
Moylan
House Taylor

Won't be easy with Carlisle rising in confidence, needs a fast start. If we get it, 2-0.

Jensen
Mitchell O'Connor Roughan
Sorensen Erhahon Bishop Hackett
Moylan
House Taylor

3-1 Imps

Agree we need to be on top of our game. And ignore the fact they are 24th.
Having said that, Carlisle are in the last chance saloon. Another team where a draw is no good for them really. If we keep it tight at the back, at some point they will have to take risks.

And we like a counter attack. Expect with erhahon back our system will be functioning a bit better.

They also allow lots of attempts on goal, last six games:
Posh had 23 attempts (1 scored) - looks like carlisle rode their luck in the highlights.
Stevenage 16 (2)
Shrews 16 (1)
Barnsley 24 (3)
Charlton 17 (3)
Reading 11 (3)

Jensen
Sorensen Mitchell O’Connor Roughan Hackett
Moylan Erhahon Bishop
House Taylor

Wright Eyoma Duffy Burroughs Mandriou Makama Draper

3-0 Imps!!!

Jensen
Ehrahon Bishop
Moylan
Makama Taylor

House, Mandy, Duffy, Jackson, Wright, TJ and Draper

Jensen
Mandriou Erhahon Bishop
House Taylor

Wright Eyoma Duffy Burroughs Moylan Makama Draper

Moylan for Mandriou if Danny isn't fully fit.

2-0 Imps.

Jensen
Erhahon Mandriou
Moylan
House Taylor

Wright Jackson Duffy Burroughs Bishop Makama Draper.

0-2 Imps.

This one has banana skin written all over it, so the squad will doubtless point up the general uselessness of my predictions by winning! 0-3, I reckon - it's about time that Ben got another goal and Lasse will benefit from having Ethan back to let him go marauding a bit more. We may get some joy down the wings with a more settled midfield.

Maybe a bit of squad rotation for this one? All subs used, I suspect, with Makama/Duffy/TJ coming on at 65 for some fresh legs.

Hope Jensen is alright, he was down on his haunches at the end with the physios around him, his short kick off to Po’C to pass out didn’t look good either.

Mandriou looked to be struggling as well, if they all somehow manage to turn up fit. The only swop I would make from Fridays starting eleven would be Earahon for Bishop.

Carlisle are fighting for their lives and playing better now than at any other point in the season. it'll be a tough one this. They really need to win otherwise they could be down come 5pm. Need to keep their striker Mellish under control.

Assuming no obvious injuries I might be tempted by bringing Jacko back in for a little bit extra stability at the back. Erhahon's return is a gimme

Jensen
Mitchell Jackson O'Connor
Sorensen Erhahon Bishop Duffy
Moylan
House Taylor

Subs: Wright Eyoma Roughan Mandroiu Hackett Draper Makama

2-0 Imps with a 94th minute goal by Mark Bailey from our half.

(might have had a flash back there)

I will take another “Found a way to win” performance. Erhahon returning will enable Bishop to play further forward. 0-1 to the Imps.

Carlisle are fighting for their lives and playing better now than at any other point in the season. it'll be a tough one this. They really need to win otherwise they could be down come 5pm. Need to keep their striker Mellish under control.

Assuming no obvious injuries I might be tempted by bringing Jacko back in for a little bit extra stability at the back. Erhahon's return is a gimme

Jensen
Mitchell Jackson O'Connor
Sorensen Erhahon Bishop Duffy
Moylan
House Taylor

Subs: Wright Eyoma Roughan Mandroiu Hackett Draper Makama

2-0 Imps with a 94th minute goal by Mark Bailey from our half.

(might have had a flash back there)
I think its more a case of the pressure is off them than fighting - they cannot avoid relegation.