Cardwell | Vital Football

Cardwell

ian08040

Vital Squad Member
Apologies if already on here,but noticed Gillingham interested in Southends Harry Cardwell,along with few other clubs,Rotherham Bolton,Exeter etc,17 goals,4 assists

Similar player to Hawks, but quicker and particularly tenacious. I`ve seen him play quite a lot, in the NLN and NL. Would be good as a #3 choice, IMO.

Cardwell would be a good squad addition and wouldn`t be surprised if he`s on our radar, but, if we are serious about competing for an auto-promotion spot for 24/25, i`m hoping that our two (new) primary forwards for 24/25 will be of higher pedigree.

Just a suspicion, but, Cardwell`s team-mate at Southend (who I shall be watching on Saturday) - Jack Bridge, could be slightly higher up the list of players we might be interested in.

I'd rather we went for wide, pace/power. Ability to score, ability to beat a man.

Until proven otherwise, I think Andrews can lead our line next year, with Hawkins in reserve.

The article I saw would suggest we have plenty of competition. I don't understand why we didn't go for him/them last summer. We have been linked for over a year now.

Similar player to Hawks, but quicker and particularly tenacious. I`ve seen him play quite a lot, in the NLN and NL. Would be good as a #3 choice, IMO.
Cardwell would be a good squad addition and wouldn`t be surprised if he`s on our radar, but, if we are serious about competing for an auto-promotion spot for 24/25, i`m hoping that our two (new) primary forwards for 24/25 will be of higher pedigree.
Just a suspicion, but, Cardwell`s team-mate at Southend (who I shall be watching on Saturday) - Jack Bridge, could be slightly higher up the list of players we might be interested in.
I agree but if there is competition, he may select a club where he will be a regular pick.

Poleon and Josh Rees only have one less goal this season and Akinyemi and even our other ex-player Josh Parker only have 3 goals less at NL level.

I agree but if there is competition, he may select a club where he will be a regular pick.

Poleon and Josh Rees only have one less goal this season and Akinyemi and even our other ex-player Josh Parker only have 3 goals less at NL level.
Having been given a more forward role, Josh Rees has very done well this season.

Re Cardwell, wouldn`t be surprised to see him move back up north. Wouldn`t be too surprised if a club like Fylde made him an offer.

Speaking of Poleon, I watched him Tuesday night at Solihull and he was practically anonymous. He can definitely finish, but doesn't offer a lot outside that.

Speaking of Poleon, I watched him Tuesday night at Solihull and he was practically anonymous. He can definitely finish, but doesn't offer a lot outside that.
at this level in a hard working team you can afford to carry a real goalscorer.

Reminds me of that Van Nistelrooy quote when United were scouting him at PSV- Something like 'Slow, not a great touch, technically limited, not involved in link up play... scored a hat trick.' (Could be apocryphal)
Probably why we didn’t sign Alfie May in the end, - scores loads of goals, but doesn’t do much else, hence the opposite of those we did go for.