Cardiff City | Vital Football

Cardiff City

Forever yellow76

Vital 1st Team Regular
First game of the season.
Still deflated by another embarrassing relegation last term.
Cardiff look like having a near on new starting 11, I want a win but would an opening away day draw be seen as s positive? A loss would surely have everyone on Smith’s back immediately. I dont see where our creativity is coming from, theres no Emi, just mcrap, and todd with who knows whats hes going to shape up like, and I doubt Sara will be ready to start. Is anyone going? Ill be at my local ground as ive bought two season tickets for Sutton Utd as my 7yo has made it into theyre youth set up.

There used to be a time when I always went to the first game of the season no matter where we were , but Smiffs lack of ambition and impoverished ownership has kicked the enthusiasm out of me , so I won’t be going .

Dont want to start with a defeat , so would take a draw

First game of the season.
Still deflated by another embarrassing relegation last term.
Cardiff look like having a near on new starting 11, I want a win but would an opening away day draw be seen as s positive? A loss would surely have everyone on Smith’s back immediately. I dont see where our creativity is coming from, theres no Emi, just mcrap, and todd with who knows whats hes going to shape up like, and I doubt Sara will be ready to start. Is anyone going? Ill be at my local ground as ive bought two season tickets for Sutton Utd as my 7yo has made it into theyre youth set up.
Good luck to your boy.

I remember going to Sutton home games as a younger lad and they were in like the 7th tier of English football. They've done well to get themselves were they are now.

Where abouts in the area you living mate?

Good luck to your boy.

I remember going to Sutton home games as a younger lad and they were in like the 7th tier of English football. They've done well to get themselves were they are now.

Where abouts in the area you living mate?
Thanks Bears, he got through 7 weeks of trial to get a place so im well happy for him!
I live in the Lower Morden area Bears, are you from around there then originally?

Thanks Bears, he got through 7 weeks of trial to get a place so im well happy for him!
I live in the Lower Morden area Bears, are you from around there then originally?
I grew up in bungay, Suffolk but moved to Surrey (Purley) when I was a youngster. Used to go out around Epsom, Sutton, reigate areas. I know morden as my uncle lives in Wimbledon and we used to go out in Morden....oh and I also used to visit an older lady (i was in my 20s and she in her 40s) in morden for pleasure 😁😁.

Good on him getting through. I had trials at palace it was tough. I did get offered into their youth system but just couldn't hack it.

I grew up in bungay, Suffolk but moved to Surrey (Purley) when I was a youngster. Used to go out around Epsom, Sutton, reigate areas. I know morden as my uncle lives in Wimbledon and we used to go out in Morden....oh and I also used to visit an older lady (i was in my 20s and she in her 40s) in morden for pleasure 😁😁.

Good on him getting through. I had trials at palace it was tough. I did get offered into their youth system but just couldn't hack it.
Ok cool, i know purley well and used to go out in sutton w’don & kingston myself! Visiting an older lady for pleasure eh, so long as you werent paying for it mate!! 🤣.
yes its just a start for him but they trialled about 80 kids and only took 4! Palace eh, you must of been good then Bears, what age was you?

Nearest game of the year for me and havent missed Cardiff away since 2005. But I will not be going this time. I don't think I'll pay another penny to NCFC until the kitchen assistant has gone. I'm hoping the protests start back first home game win lose or draw. OTBC

All the happy clappers will be there cheering the likes of McCrap and the selfish Smiffs , having forgotten and forgiven last seasons disgraceful and appalling relegation . Protesting against the kitchen assistant will be the furthest thing from their minds .

I understand completely how you feel Nathan and for the same reason I’m not going either .

Nearest game of the year for me and havent missed Cardiff away since 2005. But I will not be going this time. I don't think I'll pay another penny to NCFC until the kitchen assistant has gone. I'm hoping the protests start back first home game win lose or draw. OTBC
If they gel as a unit, performances are good and winning a lot more than not, then I will reconsider my position.

All the happy clappers will be there cheering the likes of McCrap and the selfish Smiffs , having forgotten and forgiven last seasons disgraceful and appalling relegation . Protesting against the kitchen assistant will be the furthest thing from their minds .

I understand completely how you feel Nathan and for the same reason I’m not going either .
I have totally lost my mojo of excitement. I have not witnessed a poorer end to pre season.

If they gel as a unit, performances are good and winning a lot more than not, then I will reconsider my position.

The trouble is though CK is even if that happens and we win most games this season I will still fail to see why get behind it as we will know what is to come in the PL under current ownership. I don't want us to get promotion again as I do not want to have another year of being the embarrassment of the nation. I also do not feel that gaining promotion is doing us any good long-term because it is papers over the cracks that the cook is doing a good job at running us when in reality we are not an established PL team because of how we've been run and the lack of ambition over the years.

I see our only hope of pushing on as a year or two of mediocrity in this league, her feeling the pressure with her age getting on as well and selling up totally and then leave us have another crack at the PL when we are willing to give it a proper go.

For me, I Do hope that we will bounce back.

I live in hope that things will change. Nothing lasts forever as we can see all but a very few clubs don’t stay in the top flight indefinitely.

If we don’t get promoted then there’s a real risk we’ll go the other way.

Much has been made of the age of our owners. As someone not that much younger than Delia, I am not always comfortable with the allusion. However, as death as well as taxes is a major certainty, even if the only way in which the hold is relinquished on the club is via a wicker casket, that time will come. And along with that so will change.

Whether that will be to our liking remains to be seen. If it happens during a visit to the Premier League might work out better than otherwise.