Carabao Cup | Page 3 | Vital Football

Carabao Cup

Next round draw on Wednesday night 25th August around 10pm after the Arsenal game has concluded live on Sky Sports

Tucks you went to this game didnt you, was in as emphatic as it looked? Tzolis looked on fire from skys commentary?!
This was a great night out, glad we went.
Ten changes from Saturday and with only Rupp retained, was looking forward to seeing Tzolis, Sargent and Williams, none of those disappointed. True, Bournemouth rested a number of players but so did we. Worth noting that Parker played a second eleven and so did we. The difference in strength in depth was amazing.
Tzolis looked sharp throughout and took his two goals well, and made what? Three assists? I forget. He’s quick but we never saw him race anyone over a long distance, so difficult to see that but he’s explosive over short distances. “A work in progress” DF reckons...
Sargent was also very good, although didn’t get a chance on goal really in the first half. However, he was quick and very physiCal. Poor old Steve Cook had a bruising night and was bested by the much younger man all night.
I know he didn’t score loads last season but he looks a goal threat and took his two well.
Williams was aggressive and bombed forward, just like DF wants a full-back to do. He overlapped and played well with Tzolis but Bournemouth were lacklustre throughout. He was up against David Brooks but he had him in his pocket and Brooks is a good player, so bodes well.
Others also caught the eye McLean was very good and Sorensen was solid at CDM and knitted it all together. Surely he should play there on Saturday and then drop Rupp, I’d say. Rupp is good technically but too weak physically, for me. That would allow Gilmour to play further forward with Lee’s-Melou.
When you look at the bench last night, with Cantwell, Rashica, Hanley et al to c9me back it bodes well.
A word for Omobamidele & ZImmelmann, both were cool and excellent throughout. The one downer was seeing Mumba limp off at the end. He looked in pain and had also been great, all night.

Bournemouth had one shot on goal all night. Says it all really. They were awful and we were very good but a second Cherries XI is a long way from the Premier League most weeks…

This was a great night out, glad we went.
Ten changes from Saturday and with only Rupp retained, was looking forward to seeing Tzolis, Sargent and Williams, none of those disappointed. True, Bournemouth rested a number of players but so did we. Worth noting that Parker played a second eleven and so did we. The difference in strength in depth was amazing.
Tzolis looked sharp throughout and took his two goals well, and made what? Three assists? I forget. He’s quick but we never saw him race anyone over a long distance, so difficult to see that but he’s explosive over short distances. “A work in progress” DF reckons...
Sargent was also very good, although didn’t get a chance on goal really in the first half. However, he was quick and very physiCal. Poor old Steve Cook had a bruising night and was bested by the much younger man all night.
I know he didn’t score loads last season but he looks a goal threat and took his two well.
Williams was aggressive and bombed forward, just like DF wants a full-back to do. He overlapped and played well with Tzolis but Bournemouth were lacklustre throughout. He was up against David Brooks but he had him in his pocket and Brooks is a good player, so bodes well.
Others also caught the eye McLean was very good and Sorensen was solid at CDM and knitted it all together. Surely he should play there on Saturday and then drop Rupp, I’d say. Rupp is good technically but too weak physically, for me. That would allow Gilmour to play further forward with Lee’s-Melou.
When you look at the bench last night, with Cantwell, Rashica, Hanley et al to c9me back it bodes well.
A word for Omobamidele & ZImmelmann, both were cool and excellent throughout. The one downer was seeing Mumba limp off at the end. He looked in pain and had also been great, all night.
Cheers Tucks, always good to read first hand account of a game.
i just watched video highlights and 3 of the goals were gifts from opponents, so hard to guage, but still an amazing result against a decent outfit.
I totally agree, i would of played that midfield line up last wk too and rupp needs dropping for me too in place of sorenson, we wont see best of gilmour at CDM.

Tzolis looked an upgrade on emi.

You watch DF will play pukki and Cantwell against the foxes
If he doesn't play the guys who have shown what they can do, then what would be the point of doing it next time.
Bournemouth had one shot on goal all night. Says it all really. They were awful and we were very good but a second Cherries XI is a long way from the Premier League most weeks…
DF should hopefully take note for Saturday as his first premiership eleven are still lacking in confidence. I don't suppose, he will have the nerve but should start with last night's fully confident players (albeit BM might not make it). Anyway, I would love to see at least the best of them get a start.

Good point as this 11 were clearly totally unaffected by the Covid disrupted pre season whilst our first 11 suffered from it greatly . Strange indeed

Are you bloody serious - Liverpool for the umpteenth time - what gives? - Liverpool ball expands when its Norwichs pick? - what are the etherics of this? - what lesson have we got to learn that apparently we haven't yet? First up games against Liverpool, Man C, Leicester ( no slouches there), Arsenal, Liverpool LC3. I suppose, if by some miracle, we get through LC3 we'll get Man C in the next round based on whats been going on so far. And along came Norwich lives.