Carabao Cup First Round Draw Thread! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Carabao Cup First Round Draw Thread!

Being completely selfish, happy with this as it's a very winnable match and only 45 minutes away for me. So a game I'll be at.

I’d expect Vale to be better and we will certainly need to improve on the away display towards the end of last season!
....I remember how Rheady looked disappointed to subbed against his arch local rivals but as a team we fell short that day and it highlighted our need to have more variety in our play as they outplayed us for much of the game and we missed our few chances.

Prior to 2016-17, we almost always got awful draws in cup matches - usually away to a load of rubbish who beat us 1-0 with a lucky sclaff and we made a financial loss on the game because there was no one there. We should be used to it.

But Port Vale away is the kind of game we should be confident about if we are serious about having another top season. They avoided relegation by one point in May, and their summer signings so far look pretty dire. If you had to have an away draw, this is one you would have chosen.

We beat them over two legs in 1993 (ok away goals!)!
Thanks to stormer Lormor and Pollitt and got Everton in the next round, of only hey??

What a shite draw for both teams.

At least we might be able to get through any maybe play one of the bigger boys.

Agreed. Only about 20 mins for me!

And nearby for me too. No need to take an afternoon off. So nice bonus.
And very winnable.
And big away end so NOT an Exeter!!

And under The Cowleys we have had our best ever cup runs in the FA Cup, the FA Trophy and the EFL Trophy.
So a best ever run in the Lge Cup would complete that part of our club's history.
So 5th Rd needed??