Car insurance ng obviously | Vital Football

Car insurance ng obviously

ian08040

Vital Squad Member
Just had renewal quote come in,expected increase but wow.
Last year £346 renewal all but £700,for Peugeot 208,71 plate,fully comp
Checked around found Tesco Bank quoted 425 exactly same cover,few others cheaper but not heard of some,
Then gave My insurance company ring to chat,they got down to £550 with ease but no more
Crazy

Hello Ian

Have you got Full No Claim Bonus?

After a substantial hike on my Direct Line policy (not as bad as yours), I went on one of the Price Comparison sites and, after entering my details, I selected the lowest from a name I recognised - in my case, Swinton.

My other half was with MoreThan but they have withdrawn from the Motor insurance market this year, directing their policyholders to, again, Swinton.

On the price comparisons, increasing your excesses can also get you a much more reasonable quote.

Hello Ian

Have you got Full No Claim Bonus?

After a substantial hike on my Direct Line policy (not as bad as yours), I went on one of the Price Comparison sites and, after entering my details, I selected the lowest from a name I recognised - in my case, Swinton.

My other half was with MoreThan but they have withdrawn from the Motor insurance market this year, directing their policyholders to, again, Swinton.

On the price comparisons, increasing your excesses can also get you a much more reasonable quote.
Cheers for reply,and info,yes got full no claim bonus,
Mine was Direct Line as well,just got another email from them now dropped to £530 lol,absolutely crazy,and I guess some people just accept renewal.
Yes just tried Martin Lewis Tesco same price,but esure come up at £387,although know nothing about esure.
Thanks again

direct line phoneline cannot match their own online deals.

On a few occasions i have taken out a much reduced new identical insurance online on the directline site and then phoned and cancelled the existing one.
Not always cheaper but worth a try.

Try registering at Top Cash Back.
Last week I got an email about £33 cash back from an Insurance I did.
Over the years, I've had several.

TCB have a comparison site.
Usually results are close to or equal to one or more other comparison sites.

Just don't go for a slightly higher quote and assume that the cash back will make the overall cheaper.
Occasionally the cookies don't register so cash back is not guaranteed.
And you don't usually get cash back twice from the same insurance company (on the same product).

They hiked mine up from £240 to £290 even though nothing has changed.
I looked at comparison sites then called them to give them the opportunity to price match at £252 and they did.
Robbing barstewards.
But …… I stayed.

I must admit i do like directline. Although sometimes a bit pricey no problems over many years and quick on claims etc.

I must admit i do like directline. Although sometimes a bit pricey no problems over many years and quick on claims etc.
Don't talk to me about Direct Line!. I won't deal with them or any of their many brands after a very bad experience with their travel insurance. Had a bad accident in Moscow resulting in a broken shoulder. Despite very good treatment from the Russian health service I needed repatriating and the stress (and expense) of getting assistance/service from them was appalling.

On the car insurance front my January increase from Saga was over 100%. Best quote I got eventually was from the AA but even that was 45% more than I paid last year.

direct line phoneline cannot match their own online deals.

When i challenged why they could better my renewal quote i was told people on the phone can apply discounts the renewal process can't.

Always worth phoning and asking if this really is their best and final offer. It rarely is.

Always shop around

So much of the motor trade involves back scratching by the various actors involving repairs, courtesy cars and write offs. Us punters have become cleverer at inflating and inventing claims too. It's no different from many other sectors but has grown inexorably. Oh for the days when I ran junk cars and settled for minimum legal cover.

always renew 21 days before renewal date to get the best price.

If you're not happy with the quote given go look at a comparison site and then ring your company and threaten to leave unless they quote £20 cheaper than you best quote.

My insurance this year was £7.50 more than last year.

They hiked mine up from £240 to £290 even though nothing has changed.
I looked at comparison sites then called them to give them the opportunity to price match at £252 and they did.
Robbing barstewards.
But …… I stayed.
Why stay? I got mine to price match then asked them why they couldn't have done that price from the start and, as they were obviously taking the piss, I wasn't renewing anyway.

Why stay? I got mine to price match then asked them why they couldn't have done that price from the start and, as they were obviously taking the piss, I wasn't renewing anyway.
I’ve not,cancelled auto renewal,pleasant enough lady,dropped from almost £700 to £531,last year £346. Tesco seem best,exact same cover.even couple of small add ons,don’t run out till early May,

You only find out how good your insurance company are when you make a claim and from experience Directline are shit.

Not only shit but are robbing barstewards too on renewals. Bump the renewal price right up and then offer you 'discounts' if you ring up or challenge them.

Told them to fuck off along time ago.

Hastings Direct are another bunch of wankers.

Try registering at Top Cash Back.
Last week I got an email about £33 cash back from an Insurance I did.
Over the years, I've had several.

TCB have a comparison site.
Usually results are close to or equal to one or more other comparison sites.

Just don't go for a slightly higher quote and assume that the cash back will make the overall cheaper.
Occasionally the cookies don't register so cash back is not guaranteed.
And you don't usually get cash back twice from the same insurance company (on the same product).
Cheers everybody,appreciate
Had a good delve,tried Top Cash Back,quite amazed Tarian,still Tesco still exactly same cover,now £394.happy bunny
Not a clue how cash back works,but sure get told lol,us old gits lol
Thanks again

We are paying the price for more expensive cars that are more sophisticated. Repairs therefore take longer. Add to that the increased cost of parts and paint and it's not surprising everyone is being quoted much higher prices to renew.