Can we make the play offs? | Page 14 | Vital Football

Can we make the play offs?

Hell of an ask now, seemed to have run out of a bit steam, just as Oxford have got a second wind, although no one seems to want 6th place.

It's not over until its mathematically impossible. I expect to see a reaction from our squad on Tuesday night. They haven't come all this way to fail at the first loss in 17.
Trust Scoobs to motivate the lads and come out fighting (not literally of course).

3 months ago we were 125/1 to get into the play offs. £20 bet to win £2500, now cash out offer is around £900. Big dilemna………sadly not for me but a fellow Imp. What should he do, hang on for the £2500 is my advice
Pretty sure he didn’t take the £900 cash out offer. Wonder what the offer is now.

Can’t see us drawing at Oxford on review of current form let alone winning.

A nice end to the season though. UTI

Sadly looking at the fixtures I think Saturday’s result has put our chances beyond us. Even if we win at Oxford (difficult given their resurgence in form and the confidence that will come from their win over Posh on Saturday) I think it’s out of our hands now and the decisive fixture will be Oxford V Stevenage. If Oxford win that it will give us too big a hill to climb points-wise unfortunately.

Sadly looking at the fixtures I think Saturday’s result has put our chances beyond us. Even if we win at Oxford (difficult given their resurgence in form and the confidence that will come from their win over Posh on Saturday) I think it’s out of our hands now and the decisive fixture will be Oxford V Stevenage. If Oxford win that it will give us too big a hill to climb points-wise unfortunately.
Not necessarily - Oxford's last game is at Exeter, who are in decent form. If we get to the last round of matches within touching distance and with the (now narrow) goal difference advantage, it could all still be to play for. But it needs 3 wins to achieve it.

Just watched the Oxford v Posh highlights - 4 out of 5 goals are horrendous defending. Couldn’t have been given to Oxford any more on a plate.

It’ll be really difficult - we need 3 wins now and a helping hand from Stevenage or Exeter.

Steve Evans could be our saviour hahahaha

Just watched the Oxford v Posh highlights - 4 out of 5 goals are horrendous defending. Couldn’t have been given to Oxford any more on a plate.

It’ll be really difficult - we need 3 wins now and a helping hand from Stevenage or Exeter.

Steve Evans could be our saviour hahahaha

Looks unlikely we'll get 9 points now, but you never know, I'll be watching anyway. Before Christmas it was looking like below mid table, or mid table at best.
It's been a remarkable run, that's felt like a 'free hit'. :clap:

Looks unlikely we'll get 9 points now, but you never know, I'll be watching anyway. Before Christmas it was looking like below mid table, or mid table at best.
It's been a remarkable run, that's felt like a 'free hit'. :clap:
If we were to win the next two, and Barnsley were to lose both theirs - not impossible, with tricky away games at Portsmouth and Blackpool - then we’d only be a point behind them going into the final fixture.
Game on?

If we were to win the next two, and Barnsley were to lose both theirs - not impossible, with tricky away games at Portsmouth and Blackpool - then we’d only be a point behind them going into the final fixture.
Game on?

Massive ask but if we did reach the final fixture and they were the circumstances they would have a tricky home tie against Northampton and they haven't won a home game since the latter end of February.

We, on the other hand would have the small task of turning over the league champions but hopefully they will have brought their beach towels with them.

Think back to travelling home from Blackpool on New Years Day, lost 2-0 with a pretty insipid performance and a rough drive home in torrential rain and a relegation threat more obvious than a play off surge.Fast forward a few months and to think a win at Oxford leaves us 2 points from a play off place with 2 games to go. I would have snapped anyones hand off for that chance then and that’s the scenario facing us tonight. Tonight could be a good night.

Massive ask but if we did reach the final fixture and they were the circumstances they would have a tricky home tie against Northampton and they haven't won a home game since the latter end of February.

We, on the other hand would have the small task of turning over the league champions but hopefully they will have brought their beach towels with them.
Precisely! A massive ask, as you say, and the stars would have to align, but you never know …
There’s even a scenario in all that where a last-day draw for us (and defeat for Barnsley) would be enough …