Can we get 40 points from 22 matches? | Vital Football

Can we get 40 points from 22 matches?

Straightbat

Vital Reserves Team
Halfway through the season; 29 points from 22 matches. History shows we will need 40 more points to make the play offs (factoring in two less games in all this season).

Halfway through the season; 29 points from 22 matches. History shows we will need 40 more points to make the play offs (factoring in two less games in all this season).

Well, that is 1.82 points per game.

In the last 8 games we have got 14 points (1.75 per game)

So if we carried on recent form then that would mean we are there and there abouts.

Our January business will obviously be key to any chances. As might Willock's fitness as well. I thought we'd miss byrne more to be fair but weve gone okay without him so far (touch wood).

A lot easier said than done though, of course. Has our recent good form been just a good blip? I guess we shall find out. Hopefully tomorrow is another 3 home points.

We will make playoffs if we continue to play as we have done for most of this season. I can only remember us being outplayed by Coventry and Oxford this season.

A lot depends on the transfer window.
Can we get a goalscorer in?
If we carrying on picking up points as we have done, we will fall short and finish mid table.
If we start winning games away and continuing to win at home then we may have a chance.

I think we are outsiders BUT won't it be nice looking up the table rather down the table. As others have said we need to find a consistent goal scorer. I am not sure we will be signing anyone permanently so maybe take a punt on a promising loan to replace the largely ineffective Ndjoli might be a way forward.

Win at home and draw away is usually a recipe for success. The defeat to AFCW when we dominated but couldn't score sums up our Achilles. We need to find a way to convert chances.

Today seems like a proverbial banana skin. Lets hope we score two early goals to dismiss all of that nonsense. Tough game again pompey but if we go into that game with 7 points from 9 that would be a great end to the year.

Its already so much better than last season right ?

We will make playoffs if we continue to play as we have done for most of this season. I can only remember us being outplayed by Coventry and Oxford this season.

Do you mean Rotherham and Oxford? Both 0-3.

I thought against Cov everyone said we matched them but they got the decisive goal.

It certainly is from this distance. And I get the impression it’s a lot better viewing for the Priestfield faithful as well 👍

16/1 with sky bet 14/1 with other mainstream bookies for top six finish, today’s prices, generally 11/0 for top half finish and 4/6 bottom half finish, don’t forget the more you put on the more you win , yeah right

16/1 with sky bet 14/1 with other mainstream bookies for top six finish, today’s prices, generally 11/0 for top half finish and 4/6 bottom half finish, don’t forget the more you put on the more you win , yeah right

I backed Gills to win the league with a +16 points "handicap" attached. Believe it or not that's actually winning at this stage. I got 18/1 for that about two months ago. sadly no cash out available or I would take that. I think that has a decent chance of coming in if we maintain the same form in the second half of the season.

Bookmakers do make mistakes, last night I backed a Dutchman to win PDC world championship at 6/5 'yet Michael van Gerwin is 4/6 the price for Dutch winner at 6/5 is still only available at PP and can’t last long, been cut to 4/6 with other mainstream layers

We don't look like a side that will be beaten easily and at Ipswich we strolled it but lack of goal scoring will be a problem. Let's hope the gods shine on us in the transfer window.

I backed Gills to win the league with a +16 points "handicap" attached. Believe it or not that's actually winning at this stage. I got 18/1 for that about two months ago. sadly no cash out available or I would take that. I think that has a decent chance of coming in if we maintain the same form in the second half of the season.

Are you sure that Wycombe aren't winning that one? Would expect them to have had at least as large a handicap as us.

I think we are outsiders BUT won't it be nice looking up the table rather down the table. As others have said we need to find a consistent goal scorer. I am not sure we will be signing anyone permanently so maybe take a punt on a promising loan to replace the largely ineffective Ndjoli might be a way forward.

Win at home and draw away is usually a recipe for success. The defeat to AFCW when we dominated but couldn't score sums up our Achilles. We need to find a way to convert chances.

Today seems like a proverbial banana skin. Lets hope we score two early goals to dismiss all of that nonsense. Tough game again pompey but if we go into that game with 7 points from 9 that would be a great end to the year.

Only the point is we are already "looking up the table".