Can the Latics Tame the Lions at the DW? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Can the Latics Tame the Lions at the DW?

Not strictly true...we have to win our 2 that's obvious. Huddersfield have to go to Sheffield then Cardiff and lose then here's the important one...Huddersfield need to draw at home v Reading and we survive.

Not likely but certainly not in the miracle bracket.
Don’t forget Blackpool have a say in all this too

Excellent team performance. Thoroughly deserved to win........and a really enjoyable game to watch! Every player seemed to play with determination, aggression and passion......even the ones who don't usually look like they're trying very hard! Even the likes of Keane was tracking back and putting tackles and challenges in to win the ball back in his own half!

It's probably come too late to save us, and it does beg the question......Why couldn't they play like this in earlier games?? It does show what we are capable of if the players are in the right mood and mindset.

Walked past some very disgruntled and angry Millwall fans going over the bridge. That result is probably going to end up costing them a play-off place at the end of the season.
I’m not sure if there was any trouble today. It seemed pretty ridiculous that we had what looked like the largest police presence all season at the game for about 1k away fans and we weren’t allowed to sell any tickets on the day. I don’t think they will go up as they were really poor today, imagine what the policing will be like if they do get in the premier league though.

Not strictly true...we have to win our 2 that's obvious. Huddersfield have to go to Sheffield then Cardiff and lose then here's the important one...Huddersfield need to draw at home v Reading and we survive.

Not likely but certainly not in the miracle bracket.

Is a different scenario not that we beat reading convincingly then beat Rotherham by a few. Even if reading beat Huddersfield we would still be past them? Clutching at straws i know!

It’s just so annoying because as good as the performance was today I think we’ll still go down by a margin within 3 points. Which is the second time in four seasons we’d have had enough to stay up but got screwed by off field issues. Just a joke
We don’t deserve to stay up. We haven’t done enough over the season and in my view we are absolutely one of the 3 worst teams in the league. The are various reasons for that but overall the performances haven’t been good enough.

Nice to see a bit of positive attacking football at the DW for the first time this season.

To little to late.
Thanks Talal

Well we've certainly waited a long time for that ....over 5 months for us to score 2 yes 2 goals & how nice it was to see them. Thought we played very well with plenty of fight, passion & commitment for all of the lads. It was also nice & refreshing to see our keeper command his area & try to play it out quickly on the counter attack....👏👏👏 well played JJ. Hard to pick a motm today as they all worked their socks off but if pushed I'd probably give it to Keano who worked tirelessly off & on the ball. Would have liked for Jimmy Mac to have scored just to see his shithousery in front of the Millwall fans...

I’m not sure if there was any trouble today. It seemed pretty ridiculous that we had what looked like the largest police presence all season at the game for about 1k away fans and we weren’t allowed to sell any tickets on the day. I don’t think they will go up as they were really poor today, imagine what the policing will be like if they do get in the premier league though.
Trouble it was bloody mayhem on the bridge. And on frog lane. Fighting everywhere once again the stupid police have not got a clue.

Reactions: GSM
I’ve just been looking at fixtures and Huddersfield don’t play again until next Sunday, I thought their next game was tomorrow. They then play Sheff Utd at home on Thursday before the final set of fixtures.

I think that’s a good thing as next week is a massive game and it would’ve been disappointing if Huddersfield had played before us and won which would effectively relegate us. We can put some real pressure on them and Reading if we win next week.

That just shows with a little bit of investment in the close season we would have stopped up easy. MIllwall. We’re very poor. Just a bullying sort of team that knew every trick going. Bit to late for us now never want us to lose a game. But please do not finish with 3 or 2 points short.
The 3 points are totally on the owners. Unacceptable levels of mis-management.

Trouble it was bloody mayhem on the bridge. And on frog lane. Fighting everywhere once again the stupid police have not got a clue.
I heard a few sirens. The policing is very reactive rather that proactive. They seem to stand about doing nothing, when something happens by the time they get there it’s already finished.

Reactions: GSM
I heard a few sirens. The policing is very reactive rather that proactive. They seem to stand about doing nothing, when something happens by the time they get there it’s already finished.
Looking at some of the ones on duty today I wouldn’t fancy them if all hell broke loose with Millwall.

The police tried to turn round around a hundred Millwall fans on the bridge only to not realise they could just go down the hill to the car park and jump in with our fans. Talk about thick! On the other side of the bridge a few Millwall hardmen started hitting a few Latics school kids and that was about that.

Don’t forget Blackpool have a say in all this too
Blackpool surely gone, if we got 3 points for late wage payment then an FA charge for racism has to be more. Teams have been warned all season and if a team actually got charged they would be deducted points. Would be a shambles if the FA now backtracked and did absolutely nothing on racism.