Can I be Cheeky? | Vital Football

Can I be Cheeky?

baggie192

Vital Newbie
Cheeky question I know, but, what's next year's budget for you lot? Don't worry not taking the mick cheers lads

Honestly don't know. Total wages for the previous FY were £4.5m but that includes non-playing staff and we cut the playing budget by 40% since then. Id imagine it will go back up a bit next year given the success this season and talk of new investment.

I note David Artell is claiming he has the lowest budget in League One - presumably Steve Evans would disagree.

I’d guess ours will be a midtable budget this year. Successful year so a bit more spending comparative to some other teams in the league.

I would imagine the same as this year, depending on any new investment that may take it up a couple of places. It certainly won’t be “straight in at number 1”.

It was mentioned on Sky that the pitch refurb. is taking cash from the pro budget. I've heard two figures bandied about: 250k and 500k. It's simultaneously being mooted that the budget is going to have some increase.

On the basis that regardless of doing well we lost most of our revenue streams due to Covid, I would speculate that the investment from the USA is going to be a reasonable amount if some of the aforementioned is correct.

I’d guess ours will be a midtable budget this year. Successful year so a bit more spending comparative to some other teams in the league.

Sky on Sunday said we had a budget that ranked us as 16th this season which shows us what a great job all concerned did.

Think we should be able to be a few places higher amongst all the ridiculous sides that dont seem to get much bang for their buck..

Evans also says he knew Hull, Peterborough and Blackpool would be the three promoted sides this season. Does he ever stop being a dick?