Cambridge v Blackpool | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cambridge v Blackpool

I got frustrated listening but those who spent hard earned money which is in short supply especially at Christmas must be tearingtheirhairout on the journey home,….Seems they wanted in more than us and did their homework we did not,

Time for the tinkering to stop tinkering.
I'm a Connolly fan but Casey or Marv as CH starting from Tues.
Our quality of crossing is shocking. Careys corners are frugging woeful.
We were undone by long balls over the top, basics.
We need that midfielder, even when down to 10 we didn't stretch or test them. Slow ponderous across the back, Morgan guilty of it too. We need a player the ilk of Charlie or that Horwich no8, who is the best player I have seen all season.
Windows approaching, let's hope we are hanging on, in and around there. Big Jan coning up

Time for the tinkering to stop tinkering.
I'm a Connolly fan but Casey or Marv as CH starting from Tues.
Our quality of crossing is shocking. Careys corners are frugging woeful.
We were undone by long balls over the top, basics.
We need that midfielder, even when down to 10 we didn't stretch or test them. Slow ponderous across the back, Morgan guilty of it too. We need a player the ilk of Charlie or that Horwich no8, who is the best player I have seen all season.
Windows approaching, let's hope we are hanging on, in and around there. Big Jan coning up

Norburn for me is the difference, but in a bad way. I'm not saying it's all his fault as a player. But as soon as I saw that team today I knew we wouldn't win. Back to the early season negative, predictable, slow build from the back, get closed down, go backwards, lose possession, hoof it to the midget, get swamped in midfield. Then Norburn is trying to muster up some defensive line more useful if you are fighting 5,000 Zulus than defending against a crap league 1 team.

All very depressing to watch. Back to the bad old days of Megson, Hendry or Even Jimmy Mullen. It is horrible football and ultimately as perfect as can be if you are setting out not to win. There just isn't any desire beyond the odd game to put on a performance or try to boss a game. Week in week out we are making crap teams look like Brazil of the early 70s. 😳

CJ not in the game. 2 on him all the time, but that allows space elsewhere on the pitch.
Watched Ipshit v Narwich earlier in the day. Million years behind them, and they were in this league last season.

Rhodes miss summed the afternoon up. We lacked a direct running threat and pace, right across the park.
Only + was Watford today.

Awful reffing throughout but we didn't deserve anything anyway. Just WHEN will Critchley stop tinkering with the team? As others have said, very negative approach today; sideways, backpassing, slow build up, possession football - THAT DOESN'T WORK! This is League One Critch! And FFS, don't let Norburn near the squad again; liability like Ekpiteta.

Awful reffing throughout but we didn't deserve anything anyway. Just WHEN will Critchley stop tinkering with the team? As others have said, very negative approach today; sideways, backpassing, slow build up, possession football - THAT DOESN'T WORK! This is League One Critch! And FFS, don't let Norburn near the squad again; liability like Ekpiteta.
I have been saying this all season Bob. Don't get me started. It was the worst game and most blatant Managerial tinkering since the Northampton game. Will Critchley ever learn. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Play your best settled team every game. Simples. To be consistently good you have to play with a consistently good team. All we are consistently good at the moment is being beaten by mediocrity and poor Managerial selection decisions. If Ekky and Kenny had been in the team today it would have been a totally different outcome. Another 3 points washed down the plug hole. :mad:

Last edited:
Dire game to watch till 1am last night, even with a man advantage we looked poor. Resting Kenny and putting in Norburn was a big mistake he is too far out of form and Casey should be in the back 3 with Connolly on the bench not the other way around.

Too inconsistent this season and if we aren't ahead and managing the game we look clueless when the opposition are massed behind the ball.

Resting Kenny and Expiteta. OMG--These are professional athletes we are talking about. They should not need to be rested and should be more than capable of playing twice a week.
Even as amateurs we could play a full game on a Saturday and back it up with another full game on the Sunday. What an earth is going on here? Are they rested because it's perhaps considered to be an easy win and our less capable players can now be given a game!

Last edited: