Callum Lang | Vital Football

Callum Lang

Please Callum tell the manager you're not really a number 10, wide right is were damage has been done in this league before with assists & goals.
Pointless, he obviously knows (well should know) but hasn't listened so persists in playing him elsewhere. Why? Only Shaun knows that and that's his prerogative.

Up front on the right, Lang is definitely second in line (to Godo) and maybe even third (now that J Smith is fit and firing).

To be fair he said in his interview after joining Portsmouth he prefers the long ball game and running onto balls, which is what we had under Richardson.

Maybe the ball to feet which clearly didn't suit him of the last 18 months was more to blame than a switch in position as as he's come on in a central role and chased down long balls well like he did under Richardson and scored the type of goal we regularly saw two seasons ago.

😂
Surely, based on your previous comments on him, you didn't want him to stay did you?

Can't have it both ways Frank. 😉
You've never read a post where I have said a bad word against Langy, only one player (if you can call him that) I have a pop at and thats our Captain Marvel Magennis.

To be fair he said in his interview after joining Portsmouth he prefers the long ball game and running onto balls, which is what we had under Richardson.

Maybe the ball to feet which clearly didn't suit him of the last 18 months was more to blame than a switch in position as as he's come on in a central role and chased down long balls well like he did under Richardson and scored the type of goal we regularly saw two seasons ago.

Think an on-form Callum, would have buried the type of ball Hughes played to Sessegnon if it had come to him, with him playing on the right. That said, for all Maloney played him out of position, even when he scored those 2 goals in a couple of games, Callum just didn't look the same player

You've never read a post where I have said a bad word against Langy, only one player (if you can call him that) I have a pop at and thats our Captain Marvel Magennis.
Erm ...

Bollocks to the 'good point that' shite, that was two points dropped again two games on the bounce.

Lang for Godo? Give your head a wobble Tinkerbell.
and ...
He's the vice captain Magennis is captain.

I agree though both decisions are wrong, Magennis is hardly on the pitch and Lang can't seem to keep his trap shut always having a pop at officials hardly leading by example.

Why choose Magennis as captain knowing full well he wasn't in your plans to start games? Another crackpot plan from Maloney.

The captaincy has become a joke!
then there's ...

He should have started, Lang has been crap!

But no, other than that, you've never said a bad word against him. :LOL:

;)

Erm ...

and ...

then there's ...

But no, other than that, you've never said a bad word against him. :LOL:

;)
I wouldn't say those are bad words, Lang had been crap and we know why, he couldn't keep his trap shut either, just stating the obvious really.

The lengths you will go to try and prove a point is unreal, too much time on your hands, a bit sad really.
Oh and no I didn't want Lang to leave.

I wouldn't say those are bad words, Lang had been crap and we know why, he couldn't keep his trap shut either, just stating the obvious really.

The lengths you will go to try and prove a point is unreal, to much time on your hands, a bit sad really.
Not bad? ... well you've been more complimentary !

No lengths, and no time... it was only a quick search, 2 mins of a job ... & neither did I.

Brilliant for him that. I said that he needed a change, he's listened, taken a plunge going all the way down there and now he'll be full of confidence going forward.

Knowing this sort of transfer, we'll need Pompey to get promoted to fully cash in on the fee so hopefully he keeps it up.

Nothing about personalities, or loyalty, or anything else other than a wage off the book and the equivalent of selling 2 to 2.5 thousand season cards.
Just pure, cold football business. A slap on the back and two fingers as he leaves.

The lengths you will go to try and prove a point is unreal, too much time on your hands, a bit sad really.

More faces than a Town clock thee Frank! Tbf another goal for Portsmouth and he will be level on goals wi Big Josh for the season (though Callums played more games).

I think it was more in centre mid he was nearly always getting the ball with his back to goal and was getting out muscled and crowded out as he tried to hold off a defender and turn. He struggled to really do much under Richardson when we played him up front for the same reasons.

But when he was out wide he could pick up the ball deeper, facing goal and run at players which was what he was best at.

I think playing in the middle was playing to Lang's weaknesses while out wide played to his strengths.