Callum Connolly | Vital Football

Callum Connolly

No surprises here. Not started for a while so Everton would want to move him on elsewhere. Room for one of big 🍎 own signings now.

Always on the cards. Better defender than a midfielder and did well filling in at the back for a spell. Bit of an easy scapegoat for the Oxford debacle.
Wish him well in the future
Tbf he did look like little boy lost that day, a victim of the Cowleys panic buys and then their departure not long after.
First of few to leave I would guess.

I think at centre back he was pretty decent. He was made the scapegoat at Gillingham, when the whole team was diabolical. Ironically the most accomplished passer outer from the back, centre back we had.

Absolutely this. Not great in midfield but was much better in defence, could have had more game time.

Were we paying any of his wages though??
Also nice to see you are fully behind the players
here's what cowley said at the time we signed Connolly:
“We are hopeful and we’re confident that we’ll be able to get one or two in, but they’ll have to come in from clubs who we have very good relationships with, who are willing to help us by sending us their young players for development and sporting purposes, rather than financial ones.”
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...s/lincoln-city-sign-everton-youngster-3262294

also this was just after we couldn't afford to pay lewis anything when he joined us.

depends which narrative you prefer i suppose.