Cabaye to Manure? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cabaye to Manure?

Cabaye does have a tendancy to go missing. But what chance has he got with pardew's hoofball tactics. He can't do a lot with the ball when it's consistently being punted over his head

if he's pissed off he's more than welcome to fuck off in my opinion. He's payed handsomly to represent our club and was handed the highest accolade when given that armband. Whether our manager is shit or not is not a good enough reason to not perform under that circumstance, to sulk around the pitch and not take the responsibilty seriously during that period is unforgiveable.
I've had time to reflect on last season, and although my stance on our so called manager has not changed. I've started to recognise that a lot of these players are getting off lightly under the cloud of Pardew's incompetance.
By all means, if Cabeye commits himself to the club and attempts to redeem himself next season, he'll get my full support, but I'm not going to be crying my eyes out and blaming the "regime" if he decides to go. That's his choice.

Toon_Demon - 14/6/2013 12:06

Cabaye does have a tendancy to go missing. But what chance has he got with pardew's hoofball tactics. He can't do a lot with the ball when it's consistently being punted over his head

Cabeye loves a 30 yard pass so I'm not swallowing the hoofball tactics as an excuse to get out if he uses it. Simple fact will be he wants out because he thinks he's bigger and better than the club.
He was granted too much privilege when all these French players arrived and he abused it by not taking the captaincy seriously.
I know this all seems harsh, he's a great footballer, but like most of our players he's become vastly overrated.

st-pedros-basin - 14/6/2013 12:08

if he's pissed off he's more than welcome to fuck off in my opinion. He's payed handsomly to represent our club and was handed the highest accolade when given that armband. Whether our manager is shit or not is not a good enough reason to not perform under that circumstance, to sulk around the pitch and not take the responsibilty seriously during that period is unforgiveable.
I've had time to reflect on last season, and although my stance on our so called manager has not changed. I've started to recognise that a lot of these players are getting off lightly under the cloud of Pardew's incompetance.
By all means, if Cabeye commits himself to the club and attempts to redeem himself next season, he'll get my full support, but I'm not going to be crying my eyes out and blaming the "regime" if he decides to go. That's his choice.

This is 100% correct, it's easy to give Pardew stick but the players have got off far to lightly for the way they performed last season.

They are all as bad as each other. Probably learned how to be a egotistical self centred prick from there manager

I sad from the season we finished 5th that Cabaye went missing then too, and that's when we actually played some football. Obviously you can't get too critical of a player who was still in his first full season and was getting good results, but he seems to have regressed. There are 2 ways you can deal with things not going your way:

1. Same way Colo did
2. Same way Cabaye did

He chose to hide, and was never really one to try when he was having a bad game. Now it seems to me like has took the huff and he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. He never really grew on me anyway, so if I said I'd miss him I'd be telling porky pies.

I'm not sure how much we can criticise players. Our transfer policy is totally transparent, we buy players below their market price, we sell them on, Ashley makes profit.

The wages we pay are not high enough to retain the best players, we sign them on a 4 year contract knowing that we can make some money if we sell them in 2 years. If they stay for the whole length of the contract, they are worth nothing.

Pardew gets a cut of the profits, good players looking outstanding in a mediocre and poorly organised team, so he pockets more cash. He has found a way of making money from being an immodest manager of modest talent.

Carver and Carr are back home with free access to NUFC with decent incomes.

What are the alternatives? Carver has been coach at 3rd division Leeds, Plymouth and Sheffield United whilst managing global giants Toronto.

The height of Carr's career before scouting was winning the 4th division with Northampton.

I am sure that both are coping.