Cabaye Apologises | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cabaye Apologises

decka - 16/9/2013 21:26

He told pardew in a team meeting last season that he was the worst coach he'd ever worked under. So for me he ain't a liar!!

He's only ever played at here and Lille, but that's neither here nor there. I hate my boss too as it happens, but I go to work because I have to. Sometimes I wish I had a doormat boss like Pards.

Regardless of what happened behind the scenes Cabaye is going to be playing here until at least January, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he would making some kind of statement expressing his desire to commit to the club, as for what actually happened I believe he wanted to move to a club with some ambition, thats in Europe, that will up his salary and increase his national team prospects, Arsenal fit that bill where as we dont, the bid from Arsenal wasnt big enough for the fat man so he rejected it and held out in the hope of a bigger bid, Cabaye was pulled out of the squad in case the deal went through, it didnt because Arsenal turned their attention to Ozil, as a result Cabaye was left stranded, the deadline has since passed leaving Cabaye here untill at least January (whether he likes it or not)

Rza - 16/9/2013 22:14

decka - 16/9/2013 21:26

He told pardew in a team meeting last season that he was the worst coach he'd ever worked under. So for me he ain't a liar!!

He's only ever played at here and Lille, but that's neither here nor there. I hate my boss too as it happens, but I go to work because I have to. Sometimes I wish I had a doormat boss like Pards.

Yes, and he left a champions league team to come here. Why? Money? Stepping stone? Or was he lied to about the clubs ambition?
Get writing them cv's RZA if your not happy with your boss. Why be miserable in your job?

jiggystoon - 16/9/2013 22:37

Regardless of what happened behind the scenes Cabaye is going to be playing here until at least January, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he would making some kind of statement expressing his desire to commit to the club, as for what actually happened I believe he wanted to move to a club with some ambition, thats in Europe, that will up his salary and increase his national team prospects, Arsenal fit that bill where as we dont, the bid from Arsenal wasnt big enough for the fat man so he rejected it and held out in the hope of a bigger bid, Cabaye was pulled out of the squad in case the deal went through, it didnt because Arsenal turned their attention to Ozil, as a result Cabaye was left stranded, the deadline has since passed leaving Cabaye here untill at least January (whether he likes it or not)

if that's the case why is he apologising?

I agree. He should have just came out with the truth that club wanted to sell, he wanted to go but Arsenal wouldn't meet our transfer valuation. However the truth is something that is in short supply at NUFC these days. Did he refuse to play? Was he deliberately pulled out of the team to avoid injury? Has he be fined or not? All questions which deserve an answer but we ain't going to get one.

When Pardew was interviewed before the first game he was missing he was asked if it was a hard decision to drop Cabaye and he answered no it wasn't a hard decision.....I've always took it after seeing that interview that Cabaye had his head turned and was mentally on his game so he was dropped.....as someone pointed out he hasn't been fined (that we know of).

I reckon everything points at intervention behind the scenes, whether that be the agents idea or Ashley pressurising an agent to get a player to make a decision.

A similar thing happened to Carroll in his transfer. Even Pardew had a sly mention about agents in one of his shit spouts.

Had Arsenal bid 20m there is no doubt in my mind he would have been away as the valuation had been met. Having scored with the Carroll transfer and knowing that Arsenal had a fair wedge to spend they waited for the 10m (or whatever it was) bid to be upped. Man U didn't fancy Ozil when offered by Madrid so Arsenal turned their attention to him rather than Cabaye hence the scenario.

The sad fact is that if any of our players hit consistant form, Ben Arfa being a case, you know pretty well that they will be sold if a decent bid arrives. On that basis we will never maintain a constant challenge.
Mediocre results before Xmas and Cabaye and others will be looking elsewhere.
Its easy to say you're happy and giving your all after a couple of decent results and the closure of the transfer window.
Pardew tends to get carried away with any decent performance, says we were terrific. We ween't against Villa we just performed a lot better and Villa were disappointing. The fact is we were slaughtered by Man City who have done little since and drawn with West Ham who have done little since. Beaten Fulham and Villa who are both struggling.
It might be better for Pardew to shut up until we meet quality opposition and that is not Hull but subsequent games.
Not knocking 2 wins but lets hold judgement.