Cabaye Apologises | Vital Football

Cabaye Apologises

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
He's nowt to apologise for as far as im concerned but what he did say was good to hear.

From NUFC.Cock

Yohan Cabaye has apologised to Newcastle fans following reports of a move away from Tyneside, insisting he is fully committed to the Magpies' cause.

After being the subject of an unsuccessful bid from Arsenal during the transfer window, Cabaye was not involved in United's first three games of the new season - against Manchester City, West Ham and Morecambe.

However, he returned to the bench as Fulham came to Tyneside late last month and was back in the starting line-up for the first time on Saturday, inspiring the Magpies to a 2-1 victory at Aston Villa.

Substituted two minutes from time at Villa Park, Cabaye received a fantastic ovation from the travelling supporters and, speaking exclusively to nufc.co.uk, the French midfielder could not hide his delight at returning to the fold.

"It was very, very good to be back in the team; a really nice feeling," he revealed.

"The most important thing for me is to be on the pitch and to play. I want to do my best for the Club, for the team, for everyone and, of course, I want to win every game we play.

"(The ovation) was very nice to hear. If the fans were - or still are - mad at me for what happened then I understand and I apologise to them.

"I want to come back from what has happened.

"For Newcastle fans, football is their life and I want to say that I am going to give everything - as I have from my first day here - from today until the end of the season."

When asked how he was feeling after a tough few weeks for both him and the Club, Cabaye replied: "I'm okay. This is football.

"In your career you do not have a career without bad moments.

"I have moved on and now in my head I just want to work really hard, to get back in the team every week and to help the team - that is the most important thing for me.

"I want to forget what happened during the summer, I want to put it behind me and give everything for Newcastle every day, for the Club and for my teammates."

With a World Cup on the horizon, the French international knows he needs to be playing regularly - and playing well - if he wants to be in with a chance of representing Les Bleus in Brazil.

And when quizzed if he could achieve his dreams as a Newcastle player, Cabaye's response was immediate.

"Yes, why not?" he said.

"I went to the European Championships playing for Newcastle so yes, I am confident that if I am on the pitch and playing well in the Premier League then I have a good chance of going to the World Cup.

"It is a good thing to be here (at Newcastle) in the World Cup year, if we (France) qualify."

Since a heavy opening day defeat at Manchester City, United have gone four games unbeaten in all competitions, only conceding once in that time.

Encouraging performances have given hope that last season's Premier League struggles are consigned to history and that a brighter campaign is in store.

Whether Cabaye would be a part of that has been up for debate, and following the closure of the transfer window, the question on everyone's lips has been whether he is happy to still be pulling on the back and white stripes.

But the former Lille man quickly put that one to bed.

"Yes, of course," he said. "I was happy and I am still happy.

"I just want to try and score goals and play well.

"It is important I do that because Newcastle is my club and there is a World Cup at the end of the season, which I want to play in.

"It is very important to be right in my head and I am."

Still can't undertstand why he wasn't fined for refusing to play against City and West Ham, Seeing that he has apologised he is accepting that he was to blame so he should have been fined, Unless he has been fined and it has been kept quiet as to not humiliate him

Because the club don't expect you to be that intelligent and question it. They accepted a bid and stopped him getting injured. The Arse bought Ozil and pulled out so the club are trying to make it look as if Cabaye was at fault. It's a scripted apology and one that doesn't make sense... My head was turned but I was happy and still am happy...

Pardew was offering him and Ben Arfa for sale again on Saturday. I think it's a BOGOF offer for the pair of them.

Good point, Blart.

I know I'm a cynical old bastard but what is he apologising for?

I look at where the statement is made and it is on nufc.co.uk. I then look at the wording and try to identify key sentences or phrases:
"If the fans were - or still are - mad at me for what happened then I understand and I apologise to them."

"Yes, of course," he said. "I was happy and I am still happy".

Is he apologising for going on strike, or is he apologising for being unsettled? Was he refusing to play or was he dropped?

I believe that at the time, Pardew said something like his head is not right, was he therefore dropped or was his head not right because he refused to play?

Next thing to look for is what was left unsaid or what might have been left out of the interview given to nufc.co.uk

Could he have said that he wanted to play? ("Yes, of course," he said. "I was happy and I am still happy.)
When in the interview did he say what? Did he say this later or at the start?
"The most important thing for me is to be on the pitch and to play. I want to do my best for the Club, for the team, for everyone and, of course, I want to win every game we play."

I also find myself asking "what was the question?"
"For Newcastle fans, football is their life and I want to say that I am going to give everything - as I have from my first day here - from today until the end of the season."

Was the question:
a) So in the build up to the World Cup, what would you say to the Newcastle supporters?
b) If Arsenal were to review their position and offer the club's asking price for next summer, what would you do?
c) something else

We might learn the truth after he leaves.

In fairness, we knew we had a good one when he first signed and the fact we'll have gotten three years from him at the least is probably all we could have asked for.

If this season ends up being a good one and we get Europe again, he might rethink and decide it's the place he wants to stay. He's 26 or 27 now so his best years will have been spent with us.

Rexn - 16/9/2013 14:26

Good point, Blart.

I know I'm a cynical old bastard but what is he apologising for?

I look at where the statement is made and it is on nufc.co.uk. I then look at the wording and try to identify key sentences or phrases:
"If the fans were - or still are - mad at me for what happened then I understand and I apologise to them."

"Yes, of course," he said. "I was happy and I am still happy".

Is he apologising for going on strike, or is he apologising for being unsettled? Was he refusing to play or was he dropped?

I believe that at the time, Pardew said something like his head is not right, was he therefore dropped or was his head not right because he refused to play?

Next thing to look for is what was left unsaid or what might have been left out of the interview given to nufc.co.uk

Could he have said that he wanted to play? ("Yes, of course," he said. "I was happy and I am still happy.)
When in the interview did he say what? Did he say this later or at the start?
"The most important thing for me is to be on the pitch and to play. I want to do my best for the Club, for the team, for everyone and, of course, I want to win every game we play."

I also find myself asking "what was the question?"

Was the question:
a) So in the build up to the World Cup, what would you say to the Newcastle supporters?
b) If Arsenal were to review their position and offer the club's asking price for next summer, what would you do?
c) something else

We might learn the truth after he leaves.

I would guess question c What would your message be to Newcastle fans who think you should knuckle down and honour the 3 years left on your contract and stop f*cking everyone about you greedy little French ****?

I get the feeling this is a lot more straight forward than some are suggesting

I reckon it went something like...

Arsenal make a 10 million pound bid......Club refuse offer out of hand but cabaye wanted to go.....Cabaye was advised to effectively go on strike to push the deal through......Arsenal didn't improve their offer so Cabaye was stuck...Cabaye then makes apology

I'm sure I've read John Gibson saying that Cabayes agents badly advised him and that he did indeed refuse to play those games......I might be being a bit naive but I do tend to believe what Gibson puts out in print

McCreery - 16/9/2013 14:57

Arsenal make a 10 million pound bid......Club refuse offer out of hand but cabaye wanted to go.....Cabaye was advised to effectively go on strike to push the deal through......Arsenal didn't improve their offer so Cabaye was stuck...Cabaye then makes apology

I'm sure I've read John Gibson saying that Cabayes agents badly advised him and that he did indeed refuse to play those games......I might be being a bit naive but I do tend to believe what Gibson puts out in print

This is my thought as well. Based on a lack of ambition, Cabaye was interested in a move to a club that wants European football and pays good wages for the privilege.

His agent advised him to say he wouldn't play in order to force a move. It doesn't mean that Cabaye liked the decision. Regardless, he's supposedly committed now.

McCreery - 16/9/2013 14:57

So did Gibbo question also why he hadn't been fined 2 weeks wages?, because refusing to play is without a doubt breaching the terms of his contract

Show's he has a spine, at least. It's the correct thing to do. OK, for me, matter over. Page is blotted now, mind, so if it happens again, or anything like it.....
Same for Cisse with that stunt he pulled.

Wish Pardew would have one, and start being honest with himself, and the rest of us.

I don't think he would have. There was no fine because the club want to try get him in the right frame of mind to contribute before the next window. Fining him would have been counter-productive.

Its the only way they could discipline him really though, and lets be honest without any disciplinary procedures for these millionnaires they really will start taking the piss, They could take the view that his refusal to play at City and West Ham could have cost us 6 points!!

And Cabaye would have few complaints Taffontyne had he been fined, as by apologising he has accepted responsibility, I think its dangerous going down the road of refusing to punish players for wrongdoing in the risk of it affecting their motivation

I think thisone is far better dealt with behind closed doors to be honest....as much as I think Cabaye should be fined, I'd be dissapointed if it was made public

So what the fuck happens if or when this little **** pulls the same shit again? We're consigned to cursing him and wondering where JFK is getting his replacement? He should assure us he's not doing something like this but he can't, can he? He's gone down in my estimation- don't want to play for us then fuck off. Even if he plays his socks off I'm convinced he's only doing it for a place in the world cup. If he's sincere he'll still be here after next summer no matter what our position is

So what the fuck happens if or when this little **** pulls the same shit again? We're consigned to cursing him and wondering where JFK is getting his replacement? He should assure us he's not doing something like this but he can't, can he? He's gone down in my estimation- don't want to play for us then fuck off. Even if he plays his socks off I'm convinced he's only doing it for a place in the world cup. If he's sincere he'll still be here after next summer no matter what our position is

He told pardew in a team meeting last season that he was the worst coach he'd ever worked under. So for me he ain't a liar!!