BYOB Announced for Bolton at Home!! | Vital Football

BYOB Announced for Bolton at Home!!

BlueOyster

Vital Reserves Team
Not the kind I was hoping for, but
Build Your Own Burger

On the back of the success of the "Breakfast" thread, I was wondering what goes on your BYOB?

I'm a vegetarian, so I can't benefit from the Gills BYOB night unfortunately as they're only offering beef and pancetta, but I'd go

Deep fried black bean burger
mozzerella / red leicester / avocado / fried onions / tomato /fried egg/mayo on a brioche roll.

Yours?

:7:

My fav at the moment which they do at my local place is Beef burger with Cheese, Chorizo and Jalepenos. Stick some beef chilli con carne on it as well and you?re talking a seriously good burger.

Bugger this thread - I want to pop out to get a burger for lunch now. Meant to be on a diet.

It's 10pm over here. And I want one too now....

I like a plain beefburger, slice of cheese and plenty of fried onions, just like they used to do at the football.

When I was over there back in October we got one exactly like that on the way to the Fulham / Norwich game on a Tuesday evening. It was bloody delish and took me back 30 years.

Remember years ago when we used to go drinking in Maidstone then ending up at the burger bar on the bridge for a wobbler. Two burgers, bacon, fried egg and cheese with onions. Pure bliss...

We used to call the burgers from Priestfield Chernobyl Burgers due to their likeness to radioactive waste. They were definitely overpriced and pretty rank. That said, I stil ate one very occasionally when starving and drunk. I understand the burgers are better these days though now that Compass have left. Have not tried them myself but they do look to have actual real veg in them.

Does anybody know when that legal case with Compass is going to be decided by the way? Havn?t heard anything about it for ages. Are we still seeking compensation?

Floury white bap, none of this brioche silliness, mayo on the bottom of the bun, BBQ sauce on the top. Filled with caramelised red onions, minced steak burger, slice of emmenthal, minced steak burger, slice of emmenthal and back bacon x2 rashers.

A slice of beetroot (not pickled) on top of the burger works wonders.

Found that trick in Australia at a "Hungry Jacks" (it's what "Burger King" is called out there). Makes one hell of a difference.

I generally can?t be dealing with steak burgers. No one wants a dry burger, which is inevitably what you get if the meat you use is too lean (as most steak mince usually is I find). It has to be 20% fat content at least for me or you?re losing half the flavour and end up with a dry very meaty burger that?s actually quite hard to munch through.

Best burgers I?ve ever bought from the shops are Costco?s Pack of 10. They are incredibly juicy (fatty) and taste amazing because of it. You need a good amount of fat in a burger to make it tasty in my eyes (mouth).

Skullduggery Pleasan - 28/2/2017 14:25

A slice of beetroot (not pickled) on top of the burger works wonders.

Found that trick in Australia at a "Hungry Jacks" (it's what "Burger King" is called out there). Makes one hell of a difference.

Had a blackbean beetroot burger in tufnell park a few weekends back.
I get what you're saying. It was beetroot/burger/beetroot and it was the best veggie burger I've had in a long time.

Had a lovely burger at oak on the green in Bearsted a while back. Huge portions in there. Im with Herr on the brioche buns, toasted sesame buns for me.

Local kebab shop does a bloody marvelous half pounder with double cheese, double bacon and an egg.

Simple but effective, too big to even have chips with it.

Billy_Bleach - 28/2/2017 16:19

Had a lovely burger at oak on the green in Bearsted a while back. Huge portions in there. Im with Herr on the brioche buns, toasted sesame buns for me.

The Oak on the Green burgers are brilliant. Had the one with their home made chilli on top. Fantastic

:70:

Nobby_66 - 28/2/2017 16:30

Local kebab shop does a bloody marvelous half pounder with double cheese, double bacon and an egg.

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Used to eat too many of those before I gave up eating meat. :14:

Colchester used to have a van called Burger and Beyond but they've since sold out and moved to Camden. If you're ever there I'd recommend them. Absolutely beautiful burgers.

BlueOyster - 28/2/2017 16:48

Nobby_66 - 28/2/2017 16:30

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Used to eat too many of those before I gave up eating meat. :14:

Know what you mean, I only have one once in a blue moon now that the age related cholesterol has kicked in. It's all kale, nuts and bloody seeds now :10:

Gills Build Your Own Burgers,

Think i`d like a burger that leaves a cheesy taste in the mouth, bit of a pickle at the back end, nothing meaty in the middle with just a few crumbs up top - i`ll call it a McGills

:35: