Butterfield | Vital Football

Butterfield

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
Read on my other, not the Mad one, that at some point this summer there was a chance for Butterfield to change clubs. I don't know if it was a loan or a sale. Apparently, he refused to go. Eejit will now spend match day in the stands at Pride Park.

Why would he move to Ebbsleet for the Living Wage when he can sit on the bench for another year and pay off his mortgage? Don't blame him, but what a poor signing on our part.

Ebbsfleet was it? Loan or sale? What wage were they offering?

He was very good at H'Field. Started well with us as well. Then it all went Pete Tong. Why? No long term injury, so why?

Never been the same since he was arrested and tbf neither McClaren nor Rowett seemed to recognise his strengths.
Doesn’t help himself though. Reckon he’ll be on loan at Hull next week. Maybe we should insert a clause saying he has to play against us.;)

Last edited:
Never been the same since he was arrested and tbf neither McClaren nor Rowett seemed to recognise his strengths.
Doesn’t help himself though. Reckon he’ll be on loan at Hull next week. Maybe we should insert a clause saying he has to play against us.;)

I must have missed that. Sordid details please.

I must have missed that. Sordid details please.
As MoP says...he smacked someone at his engagement party after some middle aged bloke nibbled his fiancée’s toe...allegedly!
All got nasty...someone got bottled, police were called and Butters, amongst others, got arrested.
Don’t know what the outcome was...summer before last...was quite decent in his first season but never seemed the same after that.
Maybe it was Jason Shackell! :eek:

P.S. Never been into feet...wouldn’t be without them but not remotely erotic imo.

Jason Shackell who has just joined Lincoln City that is

Has he? Missed that...how the mighty are fallen, might be fun if he plays against Steve Davies at Rochdale.
Would have put money on Shackell going to the States...probably best I’m not a betting man.

Latest Rams News