Business Plan anyone? | Vital Football

Business Plan anyone?

WellingtonImp

Vital 1st Team Regular
In addition to vetting the character of any new owners, does the EFL insist on receiving their business plan? A proper one. Seems sensible to me that the intentions of new owners shall be visible to everyone, open to challenge and shows evidence that responsible thought has been put in to how the club can be sustained or grown under their tenure.

In addition to vetting the character of any new owners, does the EFL insist on receiving their business plan? A proper one. Seems sensible to me that the intentions of new owners shall be visible to everyone, open to challenge and shows evidence that responsible thought has been put in to how the club can be sustained or grown under their tenure.

The Accrington chairman has been assisting the prospective buyers with figures from his own club to help them with their budget.

Ha ha! Good one.

Buyer: "I've got some money"
EFL: "How much?"
Buyer: "Loads"
EFL: "Alright then, you're in".

Wonderful theory, and something which would, if followed through, solve many of football's problems.

Football Clubs are however some of the least transparent businesses on the planet. Costs are never broken down into sensible constituent parts, and the published figures invariably provide more questions than answers. .............And every single club thinks it is clever because it enables them to hide their true financial position; often until it is too late.