Bury | Page 50 | Vital Football

Bury

There have been two points of contention on this thread with the lucky one. First was his attempt at misrepresentation by saying that I was blaming Radford exclusively for Bury's ills, when evidence shows that I was making a far more general point about football inflation and its consequences, second that he doesn't grasp the concept of logic - ie if someone says Bury's signings helped "all of last season's results", that would mean that the only way to be fair would be to expunge them all, which would have obvious and unsolvable consequences.

His keyboard is quicker than his thinking, unfortunately. I don't really have a beef, I just don't like being misquoted or unfairly heckled.

It wasnt me who mentioned the Radfords or queried what you said about them.

And it wasn't me who said about Bury's results being affected by the money they'd spent. And no one at all said Bury's results should be cancelled.
Only yourself.
So want to query someone's intelligence, try reading better before insulting someone.

There's not going to be a fight, because I no longer see Lugger's posts.

BBC now saying that both Bury & Boltons games could be suspended. Bury's was quoted last week, have the EFL just realised Bolton are in the crap as well!?

What is the point in suspending the game? Their financial mismanagement will now have a negative impact on Wycombe and MK too, who’s fixture list will become more backlogged. They should be given an ultimatum, sort yourselves out by a certain date or to the NL with you!

suspending the game is potentially giving bury and bolton yet another advantage... they could well be in much better shape in four or five weeks time.

the efl should not be giving these teams such a soft ride. they will just continue to take the p^ss. either they are ready to start the season or they are not.

can we now ask to delay the start of our season until O'Connor is fully fit.

What is the point in suspending the game? Their financial mismanagement will now have a negative impact on Wycombe and MK too, who’s fixture list will become more backlogged. They should be given an ultimatum, sort yourselves out by a certain date or to the NL with you!
Replace 'be' with 'have been and it's about right.

I think it could well have a major Domino effect on lots of League 1 clubs. Losing the income from two matches out of 23 is going to seriously hurt everyone even those like us who have big season ticket base. Those that don't and rely more on walk ups are going to be in big dodo! What a mess!

I don't suppose the two clubs are too bothered. The EFL have already shown this year with Brentford v. Bolton that cancelled fixtures are acceptable without punishment.

Looking back, that was an astonishing thing for the EFL to allow to happen wasn't it.

I think it could well have a major Domino effect on lots of League 1 clubs. Losing the income from two matches out of 23 is going to seriously hurt everyone even those like us who have big season ticket base. Those that don't and rely more on walk ups are going to be in big dodo! What a mess!

On the other hand, if they get kicked out of the league now everyone will be able to plan accordingly for a 42 rather than 46 game season