Bury Odds | Vital Football

Bury Odds

Dreaming of McAuley

Vital Squad Member
Imps are 5/2 to win on Saturday with my preferred bookie, long odds for a team top of the league. Looking forward to it, should be a great game.

Having had a few beers and not having my reading glasses with me in the pub, at half time against Gateshead away I looked at my betting app and saw that we were 6-1 to wil ar 1 nill down, so i put what I thought was £30.10 on lincoln to win. I had forgotten all about the bet in all the excitement of the last 5 minutes.

An hour or so after the game, when a mate asked me to place a bet for him I was suprised to notice £2,170 winning in my account. A combination of alcohol and blindness had led to a £310 bet being placed. I withdrew the money and deleted the App and haven’t had a bet since.

Nice to be the underdog again though, not happened too often if at all this season.
(in the league)

Having had a few beers and not having my reading glasses with me in the pub, at half time against Gateshead away I looked at my betting app and saw that we were 6-1 to wil ar 1 nill down, so i put what I thought was £30.10 on lincoln to win. I had forgotten all about the bet in all the excitement of the last 5 minutes.

An hour or so after the game, when a mate asked me to place a bet for him I was suprised to notice £2,170 winning in my account. A combination of alcohol and blindness had led to a £310 bet being placed. I withdrew the money and deleted the App and haven’t had a bet since.
Jesus Christ I had a heart attack just reading that

I have often wondered how i might have been in the 90th minute knowing that I had placed a £310 bet, or as Nathan chested down Rheadies flick on? I’ve come to the conclusion that it would have made no difference whats so ever. A city win was enough.
Not going to lie, 2 grand would have made it sweeter for me ?

Not going to lie, 2 grand would have made it sweeter for me ?

Oh don’t get me wrong that was great, but my reaction and celebration when Nath netted would have been no different and it would only have been about the 3 points. Stupidly I told thw missus ( I call her Eastbanker) about it, so the winnings were enjoyed in a slightly different way than they would otherwise have been.

Last edited:

If it's not going to plan on Saturday, we might have to have a whip round for you to place a bet....

If it's not going to plan on Saturday, we might have to have a whip round for you to place a bet....[/QUOTE

Lol, we have just discussed the logistics of getting her back from her daughters dance class in Aldershot in time to get to the Battle cruiser for 5.30, I might be in there a little earlier than that, maybe i should re load the app and lose my reading glasses ??

Ah the joys of modern technology and fat fingers!!!! As the adverts say "gamble responsibly" ?

I have quite skiny fingers actually, the issue was buggered eyes and alcohol ? I responsibly deleted the app.
I can't believe the app let you place that bet anyway, as PerthImp said I thought the betting companies were supposed to support responsible gambling, letting you place a bet that large should have had bells and whistles warning you.

I can't believe the app let you place that bet anyway, as PerthImp said I thought the betting companies were supposed to support responsible gambling, letting you place a bet that large should have had bells and whistles warning you.

This is irony, right? Betting companies love gambling addicts and encourage them at every turn. Just look at the harm FOB machines have caused. The betting industry is pretty evil.

This is irony, right? Betting companies love gambling addicts and encourage them at every turn. Just look at the harm FOB machines have caused. The betting industry is pretty evil.

Can I just point out that I am not a gambling addict ??? i was under the influence of half a dozen beers and without my eyesight enhancers.

Not really, although it doesn't surprise me in the least. I've listened to them arguing their case on the radio, they are supposed to to follow some sort of code of conduct which includes allowing people to ban themselves etc but seems they quite often ignore it. I don't know the details of the code and haven't placed a bet since they stopped showing the Grand Nation on the BBC so absolutley no experience myself but you would of though adding a soft limit on an app would be an extremely easy way for them to "demonstrate" they are responsible without actually stopping people from betting.