Bury are gone. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bury are gone.

Anyone remember the seat sale LCFC had when they were in difficulties. £10/£20 per seat ??? . I know some Bury supporters purchased some . How times have changed. Money ... the root of all evil . Build me a Tardis and send me back to the 60s . Poor but happy

Anyone remember the seat sale LCFC had when they were in difficulties. £10/£20 per seat ??? . I know some Bury supporters purchased some . How times have changed. Money ... the root of all evil . Build me a Tardis and send me back to the 60s . Poor but happy

Think some of the names are still just about readable ! Think their was sponsor a 'sod' as well, certificates provided !

I bought one, somewhere. The original idea was actually Bury's during their first time in administration.

Yes remember it well! In fact my name is still on the seat where my season ticket has been and still is today since the CO-OP stand opened in 1995. Wow is the CO-OP stand really 24 years old! Of course it was called the Linpave then and still looking good for her age. But yes buy a seat and all that they were truly desperate times!

Yes remember it well! In fact my name is still on the seat where my season ticket has been and still is today since the CO-OP stand opened in 1995. Wow is the CO-OP stand really 24 years old! Of course it was called the Linpave then and still looking good for her age. But yes buy a seat and all that they were truly desperate times!
Names are still on the seats. ? That good to know . My late fathers will be there maybe

Bury FC have been kicked out of the EFL. They still exist at this moment in time. How long for is another matter.

Yep. Hopefully a buyer can still be found and the club continues next season in whatever league that may be. It's obviously not a great scenario, but the club is still alive.

Yep. Hopefully a buyer can still be found and the club continues next season in whatever league that may be. It's obviously not a great scenario, but the club is still alive.

Even less attractive to buy now, though.

FA have (understandably) confirmed Bury will not take part in FA Cup.

I suppose it allows time to rearrange numbers of teams entering the competition from the second qualifying round, and an additional non League club in the first round proper. So sad for a former cup winner though.

Nice to see all the national tv news people are out ......' I'm in front of the gates at Bury this morning's.......etc etc. Giving it large how sad a day this is. Maybe if they'd been reporting it nationally some weeks ago it may not have gone to this?

Does this mean that only 1 team will be relegated from League 2 now, or will 3 (or even 4) National League clubs will now get promoted to restore the numbers.

According to the EFL: statement:

'A discussion will take place with EFL Clubs on the consequential impact in League Two when Clubs next meet in September 2019.'

I take that to mean it will be decided at that meeting whether only one club will be relegated or whether three will be promoted from the National League.

Perhaps it's been deferred until then in case Bolton are also out and it can all be decided upon at the same time.

Unfortunately not for long. It may exist in legal terms but when a business that owes millions and loses it's primary income source and reason for being for at least a year you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out what the endgame is!

All those hoping for a phoenix club like Hereford and Aldershot playing at Gigg Lane have no hope! Hereford's and Aldershot's stadia were owned by the council so could not be claimed as assets of the failed business. Gigg Lane is mortgaged to the hilt and is an asset of the club not owned by the council. When the club is liquidated and the assets sold the creditors will get a percentage of the debts they are owed dependant on how much is raised.

Gigg Lane will be developed and creditors will get some cash. I wonder who some of Bury's biggest creditors are?

The local Council need to come out and make it absolutely clear that it won't be accepted for development and any applications will be rejected.

That would reduce the value of that land and leave Dale/Day in a poorer situation. It's all about reducing the amount of money others can get now.

The local Council need to come out and make it absolutely clear that it won't be accepted for development and any applications will be rejected.

That would reduce the value of that land and leave Dale/Day in a poorer situation. It's all about reducing the amount of money others can get now.

They can't do that! Any land use has to be incorporated in the local development plan. Even if the council reject plans for local political reasons any Planning Application for change of use will simply go to appeal and be overturned by the Planning Inspectorate. The applicant may then apply for costs due to a spurious reason for rejection and that will ultimately cost the council money it probably doesn't have. Unfortunately in it's location Gigg Lane is ripe for development. There could be a covenant on the land but I haven't heard of one and indeed these can be overturned through legal process ultimately

Romantically it's a great idea practically you haven't got a hope in hell.

Does this mean that only 1 team will be relegated from League 2 now, or will 3 (or even 4) National League clubs will now get promoted to restore the numbers.
If Bolton go as well then there may be no relegation from League 2 this year. I think logically, to make sure League 2 remains competitive they have to promote more from the Conference. Logic and common sense are not strengths of the EFL though.

Or some form of play off between bottom club in L2 and NL - perhaps similar to the Scottish model...
Interesting idea, Barney! It will be interesting to see how they deal with this, as won't lots of leagues have to come up with a way to redress the numbers?

Obviously this is all very sad for the staff and fans of Bury, but there are only so many deadline extensions you can give - especially when they never seem to progress anywhere, anyway. Such a shame it has come to this.

I have no interest Division one (premiership) but I've read today that the clubs in this league have each been asked for 250.00k to help payoff the chief exec . Perhaps the money could be spent else where. Sport ....I think not .

Unfortunatley planning laws will not permit that stance. The only hope would be, if there is a covenant on Gigg Lane that the council can stand firm on.

The EFL has a meeting planned to discuss what happens with that - I think it is up to the membership to decide. It sounds like they don't have a specific rule to cover it.