Burton Albion (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI | Vital Football

Burton Albion (h): Score Predictions & Starting XI

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
This thread is now open for you to post your score predictions and discuss who would be in your XI tomorrow afternoon!

Jensen

Jackson O connor Mitchell

Burroughs Erhahon Hamilton Brown

Mandroiu Adelakun Hackettfairchild

A tough game this but 2-0 to the imps

Jensen

Jackson O'Connor Roughan

Sorensen 🤞 Erhahon Hamilton Burroughs

Mandroiu Adelakun Hackett

2-1 to the Mighty Imps
I'd prefer Mitchell in for Roughan but think MK will stick with his man.

0-0

They had a bad start but now 5 unbeaten in the league and seem like the kind of team we've struggled against in recent seasons who will not be bothered about having the ball and won't leave space on the counter. Goal either way could nick it.

They've already had 0-0 draws at Wycombe and Reading and were a pain home and away last season.

1 nil imps.
Jensen
O'connor Jackson Mitchell
Burroughs Hamilton erhahon brown
Mandriou
Shodipo Hackett
Not saying this is the team I prefer but what I think MK will pick

Jenson

Sorrenson O'Connor Jackson Burroughs

Hamilton Erhahon

Mandroiu Bishop Shodipo

Hackett

Just putting it out there. Isn't going to happen in a million years but that formation gets us more positive attacking players on the pitch. Players who can create and do something with the ball.

We still have a very strong defence which has the protection of Hamilton and Erhahan in front of it who can also launch attacks. Only Sorrenson is anything half like a wing back and we have to have the attacking, creative players on the pitch further up the field.

I want to watch much more attacking football but we surely couldn't sit back and rely on counter attacking teams like Burton.

There's not going to be much atmosphere due to lack of away fans anyway. If we play anywhere near like we did second half last week and we're not attacking them and creating chances the mood will go flat very quickly.

Jensen

O'Connor Jackson Mitchell

Burroughs Brown
Erhahon Hamilton

Mandroiu Adelakun Hackett

Resting Roughan, but don’t mind him in for Brosn but Mitchell has to play, so brown or Roughan for me. Worried up front, just so light. We will see, but think goals will not come from the front three . Prediction 2-1 to us goals from back three

Jensen
O'connor Jackson Mitchell
Eyoma Hamilton erhahon Burroughs
Mandriou
Shodipo Hackett

I'd like to see TJ given a chance at RWB and move Burroughs to the left. Brown not up to standard in my view.

I think Shodipo might get the nod over Haks, but Haks' long throw is now our main form of attack, so who knows.

Roughan needs a rest as Mackers and other have said.

2-0 to us.

Jenson

Hamilton Erhahon

Mandroiu Bishop Shodipo

Hackett

Just putting it out there. Isn't going to happen in a million years but that formation gets us more positive attacking players on the pitch. Players who can create and do something with the ball.

We still have a very strong defence which has the protection of Hamilton and Erhahan in front of it who can also launch attacks. Only Sorrenson is anything half like a wing back and we have to have the attacking, creative players on the pitch further up the field.

I want to watch much more attacking football but we surely couldn't sit back and rely on counter attacking teams like Burton.

There's not going to be much atmosphere due to lack of away fans anyway. If we play anywhere near like we did second half last week and we're not attacking them and creating chances the mood will go flat very quickly.
I do think it would be good if we could slip into a 4 at the back formation for games like this where we want to go and take the game to opponents a little more. Burton look like they play a 4-4-1-1 ish (as opposed to a similar 3 at the back system when I remember them from the away game last season) - so two spare centre halves at the back.

Not totally sure about Sorensen as an RB as opposed to RWB but I guess a more defensive option would be using Burroughs at RB and Roughan at LB.

I also think a 4-3-3 where you play the two Ethans + Ali Smith which would be physical in there for the second balls etc you'd expect against Burton could work.

I think most options outside the 3 at the back have been shelved a bit though.

I'd still be going for a 3-5-2 (although I expect a 3-4-3/5-2-3)

Jensen
O'Connor Mitchell Jackson
Sorensen Erhahon Smith Hamilton Burroughs
Mandroiu Hackett

If Sorensen is out probably switch Burroughs to that side and give Brown another go.

Will be a tricky game against a team in form. Going 1-0 to City.

5-4 Lincoln

Obviously with our home form being so poor

3-0 win Wycombe
3-0 win Blackpool
1-1 Draw Carlisle
0-1 loss West Ham
2-0 win Cheltenham
2-0 win Wolves

I want to see much more attacking football

...so I demand a 5-4 victory this week.

5-4 Lincoln

Obviously with our home form being so poor

3-0 win Wycombe
3-0 win Blackpool
1-1 Draw Carlisle
0-1 loss West Ham
2-0 win Cheltenham
2-0 win Wolves

I want to see much more attacking football

...so I demand a 5-4 victory this week.

You are definately the king of spin Chimp.

Let me just add ,into your results ,since we lost House and Walker a few more results.

A 2-0 loss at Derby
A 2-1 loss at Portsmouth
A more than likely 1-0 loss at Orient
A 2- 0 loss at Peterborough.

Nobody is talking about home or away form just the impact at losing House in particular has had an effect on the whole dynamic of how the team plays.

Could be different when Vale actually plays or when Moylan comes in but we have to play better than we currently are doing, and I'm only going on your only as good as your last game, especially your last 45 minutes, else no matter how positively you want to spin things its going to be a long old season.

Well, I wasn't really looking forward to this match anyway, now I'm not sure I will be bothering.

Mood has been low for a couple of weeks, now made worse by that slight ounce of interest being ruined.

In recent years I had started to value and really enjoy the social side of things before and after matches a bit more than the football itself, but the social side of things has gone down hill dramatically because people just don't bother any more and as a result my interest is very quickly disappearing.

2-0 Imps and Hackett scores 1st, Roughan benched.

Jenson

Hamilton Erhahon

Mandroiu Bishop Shodipo

Hackett