Burton Albion (a): Post-Match Interviews & Highlights | Vital Football

Burton Albion (a): Post-Match Interviews & Highlights

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
It's an instinctive thing with House, I'm not sure you can really teach what he does. That is why we have missed him so much.

Lucky Burton had a bow-legged goalkeeper or we may not have won that game - we have to start taking our chances.

Jacko will be replaying that miss in his mind today.

Impossible to judge Mitchell's red card without seeing the first yellow - Skubala says it set a precedent. The second one was definitely a yellow.

The difference a few returning quality players have made is clear - Hackett, House, Bishop playing more regularly; add the impetus from Draper and the new players to that, and things look so different to Blackpool a month ago.

It's an instinctive thing with House, I'm not sure you can really teach what he does. That is why we have missed him so much.

Lucky Burton had a bow-legged goalkeeper or we may not have won that game - we have to start taking our chances.

Jacko will be replaying that miss in his mind today.

Impossible to judge Mitchell's red card without seeing the first yellow - Skubala says it set a precedent. The second one was definitely a yellow.

The difference a few returning quality players have made is clear - Hackett, House, Bishop playing more regularly; add the impetus from Draper and the new players to that, and things look so different to Blackpool a month ago.

Having now watched the game on iFollow, it almost improved the excitement of listening to it, in spite of knowing the result. What a great performance from the ten men. Jackson was like a magnet to the ball, and the work effort from them was off the scale.

Unfortunately Mitchell can have no complaints. For the first yellow he is nowhere near the ball and forcefully heads their no 15 in the back of his head/top of his neck. Not good. The second is plain stupid and just in front of the ref. He will have learned a lesson.

Having now watched the game on iFollow, it almost improved the excitement of listening to it, in spite of knowing the result. What a great performance from the ten men. Jackson was like a magnet to the ball, and the work effort from them was off the scale.

Unfortunately Mitchell can have no complaints. For the first yellow he is nowhere near the ball and forcefully heads their no 15 in the back of his head/top of his neck. Not good. The second is plain stupid and just in front of the ref. He will have learned a lesson.
i also watched it back on ifollow, agree the first yellow was late and into the back of hudlin's head. also the referee's decisions on the majority of burton yellows were spot on, and easy decisions which would have been given by any referee. surprised powell didn't get a second yellow for the challenge on mcgrandles though. and their first yellow after 5 mins - the tackle on bishop was very close to a red, imo.

on the chances and our set pieces: jaco, hamilton and o'c could have done much better. two of those were from set pieces. jacos was from a recycled set piece.
sorenson couldn't have done much better with his header, forced a great save, credit to the keeper.

reeco was superb, even before his goal. i though sorensen and jaco were also very good. generally good performances all round, which is what you need every week, but especially 10 vs 11. uti.

I think the only lesson here is you can get sent off for nothing. He does nothing wrong in either incident… I especially like the guys fist pump knowing he’s conned the ref

Second drag back by Mitchell was a yellow in my opinion. Frustrating because Jacko had come across and was covering if their player had got past him . Because of how well Jacko reads the game he would have been first to the ball.

Hope Mitchell bought a round for his team mates, because they were exceptional to a man. Great 3 points against a team that mostly played hoofball.

Funny comment at halftime when the ground staff were 'forking' the pitch, someone shouted asking how much were their bags of tates.

Second drag back by Mitchell was a yellow in my opinion. Frustrating because Jacko had come across and was covering if their player had got past him . Because of how well Jacko reads the game he would have been first to the ball.

Hope Mitchell bought a round for his team mates, because they were exceptional to a man. Great 3 points against a team that mostly played hoofball.

Funny comment at halftime when the ground staff were 'forking' the pitch, someone shouted asking how much were their bags of tates.
The pitch at Ashby Ave is better than the one at the Pirelli, shocking!
Granted they play much like rugby team anyway, amazed they're still in league one