Burton Albion 1-2 Lincoln City: A View From The Other Side | Vital Football

Burton Albion 1-2 Lincoln City: A View From The Other Side

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
From their forum:

"Don't let that exciting last two minutes fool you - that was dreadful.

I don't know if you noticed but we played on two different pitches today. Lincoln played on one with lots of wide open spaces with arrows pointing the way to our goal. The Brewers played on a very narrow, crowded pitch with stop signs everywhere. They also cheated by having lots of taller players who found it easier to head the ball than our little chaps. If I were the manager, I might tell the players to keep the ball on the ground but what do I know? I don't have my badges.

Let me add my views to the long throw debate: Tom Hamer shouldn't even be on the pitch. In the three games (today, Gillingham, Cheltenham) I have seen this season he has been very easy to beat. I didn't see him last season so I don't know how good he can/might be so forgive me.

Time to gel. Time to gel. My new mantra...."

"We are still playing too many defence minded players in midfield, Lincoln's midfield had creativity and imagination in abundance.

It is still early days in the season but I learned a few things today, Bostwick's partnership with Shaungnessy's is not as good as Leaks. Morris is not good enough and too slow in his application.

I think we have the players but we have not found the formation to play them.

Jimmy has a lot of thinking to do and a lot of coaching to do when we actually have the ball."

From their forum:

"Don't let that exciting last two minutes fool you - that was dreadful.

I don't know if you noticed but we played on two different pitches today. Lincoln played on one with lots of wide open spaces with arrows pointing the way to our goal. The Brewers played on a very narrow, crowded pitch with stop signs everywhere. They also cheated by having lots of taller players who found it easier to head the ball than our little chaps. If I were the manager, I might tell the players to keep the ball on the ground but what do I know? I don't have my badges.

Let me add my views to the long throw debate: Tom Hamer shouldn't even be on the pitch. In the three games (today, Gillingham, Cheltenham) I have seen this season he has been very easy to beat. I didn't see him last season so I don't know how good he can/might be so forgive me.

Time to gel. Time to gel. My new mantra...."

"We are still playing too many defence minded players in midfield, Lincoln's midfield had creativity and imagination in abundance.

It is still early days in the season but I learned a few things today, Bostwick's partnership with Shaungnessy's is not as good as Leaks. Morris is not good enough and too slow in his application.

I think we have the players but we have not found the formation to play them.

Jimmy has a lot of thinking to do and a lot of coaching to do when we actually have the ball."
And a few on here thought we had problems

Enjoy reading the views from other fans, gives a good perspective of what they think of us, and crucially what they think of their own team. Good to see just how many deluded fans there are, and how many are actually reasonable and realistic.

Enjoy reading the views from other fans, gives a good perspective of what they think of us, and crucially what they think of their own team. Good to see just how many deluded fans there are, and how many are actually reasonable and realistic.
Football and delusion. Perhaps should be added to that old saying about death and taxes.

It's surprising there was no criticism of their keeper for letting that low long range effort from Fiorini get past him....