Burnley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Burnley

Just for what it is worth, on form, whether 5 or 6 games, our record beats anyone outside the top 5.

I would say on current form in Dubravka, Lejeune, Ritchie, Longstaff, Almiron and Schar we have six quality premiership standard players in our starting 11, can’t say we’ve had that for many years. This is of course when you strengthen and build, this is of course when the parasite dismantles and ruins.

As already mentioned, invest money in a quality player, and see what happens.
Delighted for Almiron, seems a down to earth lad, enjoying every moment.
And that enjoyment seems to have been passed on to the rest of them, seem to going the extra yard.
Whether the week in Spain has anything to do with that, don't know, the formation is also helping.

I'm reading today that Schar's goal was Newcastle's first from outside the penalty area this season, from 121 attempts.

You're right about a few things, Dafty. Almiron fills one of the positions that Rafa was seeking to fill last summer. The defence has generally been well organised this season but Almiron has the key role in what Rafa refers to as "transition". As an aside, if we finish where we are now, that "investment" will be half paid for out of the prize money improvement from 17th.

I think the Spain trip is key, instead of a pre-season, a pre-run-in, having got most of the top teams out of the way. Looking back at what some of us wrote in September, the season is panning out pretty much expected.

The Man City game was a bonus for us, as Longstaff has provided another bonus. Just for the record, our stats are interesting since the Chelsea defeat:
P6 W4 D1 L1 F10 A3 Pts 13.

Put another way, 38% of our goals have come in 23% of games with 9% of our goals conceded in the same period. I wonder if the return of Lejeune might be another important factor.

Last edited:
The balance of the team looks the best in years.
The introduction of Longstaff has improved Hayden's game & Almiron's presence has improved Perez's.
Good to see us getting at the opposition rather than the turgid odd counter attack we've had to witness the last couple of seasons,only downside is the owner must be rubbing his grubby paws.

Yes fair play to them, stating to look like a half decent team. My fear now is that Ashley will think a. we don't need to strengthen further and b. we can cash in on some of these improving players. Big bids for Longstaff must be inevitable this summer coming.

When he gets and England call is the time to worry, Ashley will suddenly show interest in football, the fucking lowlife.

Yes fair play to them, stating to look like a half decent team. My fear now is that Ashley will think a. we don't need to strengthen further and b. we can cash in on some of these improving players. Big bids for Longstaff must be inevitable this summer coming.

He will be going to a big London club imho. Plus it fills the fat parasite's pockets as well. This lad is really good. Built more like a centre back (centre half) than a midfielder. Almiron? Well this lad will be going places as soon as he finds his PL feet as they say.

Longstaff reminds me of Carrick, long legged ball winner, but has more of an eye for goal.

A lot of pundits seem to be drawing that comparison and for sure if he has as good a career as Carrick he will be a great asset - probably a great asset to the fat bastards bank account but I digress - joking apart its great to see another kid from the youth system coming through. There have been precious few.

Just looking at the Premiership table and there are 15 points between 7th and a relegation spot. We are just 9 points below 7th spot. Conversely just 6 points above that relegation place. There are a dozen clubs in that group who could win or lose millions over the next few weeks. The lucky fat fecker could fall in the Tyne and would come up with a salmon in his mouth.

A few things to throw in, McNamee. Hayden is looking for a move South West. His market value has shot up with Samaris widely tipped to arrive on a free. Longstaff has made Shelvey sellable with a few back ups on the books. Rafa has also added value to most of our defenders.

Not so much salmon, more Beluga.

Aye,Shelvey's lack of mobility slowed everything down.
Longstaffe has the look of Carrick/Darren Fletcher.
Maybe the fat oaf might see the value of investing heavily in the academy & local talent,tho I doubt it.

I must say I’m surprised that we’re now slating our best player. It’s because of opinions like this that people like Longstaff end up being over hyped and can’t deveop naturally.

Give the the lad a chance to get to grips with it all and play alongside the likes of Shelvey. He’ll develop different sides of his game.

Have never massively liked shelvey if I'm honest. Just too slow for me, too often strolling around waiting for the chance to put in a Hollywood pass. It's early days for longstaff yet, but I agree he looks quality. Him alongside a slightly more defensive player in Hayden seems to be working well.

As an aside, his younger brother (Matty) is apparently a defensive minded midfielder. Anyone seen him? Could we one day have two local brothers running our midfield?

Have never massively liked shelvey if I'm honest. Just too slow for me, too often strolling around waiting for the chance to put in a Hollywood pass. It's early days for longstaff yet, but I agree he looks quality. Him alongside a slightly more defensive player in Hayden seems to be working well.

As an aside, his younger brother (Matty) is apparently a defensive minded midfielder. Anyone seen him? Could we one day have two local brothers running our midfield?

I tend to agree re Shelvey, he has surely had his chance. Nice footballer but a bit of a "luxury player" for me. As for the Longstaff brothers it would be great to see them on the pitch together, and I hear good things about Matty. Perhaps a cracking BOGOF deal for the fat bastard one day in the Sports Direct sale.