Burnley. The Match Preview. | Page 7 | Vital Football

Burnley. The Match Preview.

Nick Real Deal - 23/12/2017 19:16

Very easy win. Those suggesting Alli to be dropped. What do you think now. Sissoko also justified his place despite not scoring.

I think he did not do much of note at all...and still falls down too easily...

Pollo - 23/12/2017 19:18

Very easy win. Those suggesting Alli to be dropped. What do you think now. Sissoko also justified his place despite not scoring.

I think he should not be allowed to start until he stops committing red card fouls.

Not a red card.

Good team performance despite some Donkey moments mostly on goal. I would say Alli and Sissoko justified their selections. No gushing about their performances either. Some begrudgers may be reluctant to see it without bias though.

Pollo - 23/12/2017 19:25

THFC will stand for The Harry Footbal Club by the rate this is going, well done. This was well needed.

Disagree, was a decent (not amazing) but decent ‘team’ performance where we created a hat full of chances and got a well deserved win. Let’s not pick it apart when we really needed a good performance and 3 points!

Got called away so missed everything bar the pen......glad to get 3 points and I understand Sissjoko kicked the ball to Kane who scored.....excellent stuff

I did notice Rose congratulating Kane on the pitch at the end with smiles and a hug. Alli getting a hug from Poch and Dier a pat on the head and smile from Poch . Genuine warmth from the 3 so called want aways.

Alli and Sissoko who both should not have been picked... !! getting praise on twitter for their performances even though Sissokos are a little begrudging, at least they have the decency to acknowledge it. Ratings 6 and 8 for Sissoko so far. 8 is too high, 6 about right.

Spesh-Spur - 23/12/2017 20:10

Pollo - 23/12/2017 19:25

THFC will stand for The Harry Footbal Club by the rate this is going, well done. This was well needed.

Disagree, was a decent (not amazing) but decent ‘team’ performance where we created a hat full of chances and got a well deserved win. Let’s not pick it apart when we really needed a good performance and 3 points!

Agree with spesh, if son and Alli took their chances it would have been an amazing performance. Good to see aurier bombing down the right, looking better every game.

Just watched match of the day highlights, and of course it doesn't give a full picture, but Son & Sissjoko should definitely have scored, also watched a few times Sissokos thru ball for Kanes 2nd, if he meant it then a great ball and that is the kind of ball we need to see more of.....

A couple of mates that were at the game were saying that Lamela looked good during his cameo, he is going to have to start sooner or later...

I just hope Harry gets the goal he needs on Tuesday to break that ****e Shearers calendar year record....and help us to three points as a consequence.... :2:

Greavswasthegreatest - 24/12/2017 10:20

I just hope Harry gets the goal he needs on Tuesday to break that ****e Shearers calendar year record....and help us to three points as a consequence.... :2:

Ditto......also glad Austin is out , that will be to our advantage

A good result and a reasonable performance. Not at our best but with Kane in that form we were always going to win.

Aurier is a liability. Reckon we messed up signing him.

Real Deal - 24/12/2017 17:53

A good result and a reasonable performance. Not at our best but with Kane in that form we were always going to win.

I was against his signing, but I believe that any player coming in can not be judged without a full pre season. He is better than what he showed so far.

Think it's a bit harsh to judge him this early. Didn't get a proper pre season, wasn't playing for PSG either, so he's essentially had a summer of no competitive football at all.

Lack of match fitness and having to adapt to a new league is not easy.

If h had a proper pre-season he'd be half a yard quicker and wouldn't need to be making those last ditch tackles.

I think he will come good, has all the proper qualities to be an amazing attacking wing back and we know Poch can work on the defensive aspect.

Nick Real Deal - 23/12/2017 11:27

Pollo - 23/12/2017 19:18

I think he should not be allowed to start until he stops committing red card fouls.

Not a red card.

Correct, not even close to a Red.

In fact, the kicking he received throught the incident rolling over him was much more egregious.

Pollo - 24/12/2017 20:02

I was against his signing, but I believe that any player coming in can not be judged without a full pre season. He is better than what he showed so far.

He has ability but that's not my issue with him. He is another Kaboul, he can't concentrate for a full game.