Burnley 2 City 8
Woodwork
Burnley 0 City 1
Off Target
Burnley 4 City 6

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from City Official Site match day thread

Link

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/burnley-v-manchester-city-efl

Player Ratings
Steffen 7 , Walker* 7, Fernandinho (C) 7, Laporte 8, Mendy 7, Rodrigo***7, De Bruyne**8, Torres 8, Mahrez 7 , Sterling 8, Palmer 7.
Substitutes
Harwood-Bellis* 6, Ake*** 6 , Bernardo** 6,
Foden, Delap, Doyle, Ederson

Player Ratings
Steffen 7 , Walker* 7, Fernandinho (C) 7, Laporte 8, Mendy 7, Rodrigo***7, De Bruyne**8, Torres 8, Mahrez 7 , Sterling 8, Palmer 7.
Substitutes
Harwood-Bellis* 6, Ake*** 6 , Bernardo** 6,
Foden, Delap, Doyle, Ederson

Sorry, Buzz, but Bernardo was the first sub used for KDB, and Harwood-Bellis the second for Walker.

'A dream come true'
Cole Palmer: "Obviously its a dream come true to be a the Club I’ve been at since the age of six. I just want to thank everyone at the club and all my friends and family for their support so far and I’m glad we’re in the next round."

More from Cole Palmer: "(My outstanding memory) was probably in the meeting before when he told me I was starting. I was just dead excited and couldn't wait to play."

post match comments

Sean Dyche: "We were playing a top side, a strong side. They hurt us in the critical moments, as teams like this do. There were too many turnovers in critical areas.

"The positives for us are Ashley Barnes was out there, Tarky (James Tarkowski) was back and Bailey-Peacock is developing all the time. I'm pleased for him. He's conceded three but come off the pitch having played really well.

"I scratch my head how we can't get penalties. They tell me about these soft touches and when I ask they say there was contact. Yet when it's our players it's never enough contact.

"But, I must make clear, that doesn't mean we'd win the game. They're a top-class side."
https://www.skysports.com/football/burnley-vs-man-city/report/438840... read more for the match report.

I agree for once with Dyche about the penalties, had VAR not been at the Leicester game, I doubt if any of the penalties were given.

Match stats
  • Since the start of last season, Raheem Sterling has scored more goals in all competitions than any other Premier League player in this period (33).
  • Manchester City have lost just one of their last 25 matches against Burnley in all competitions (W18 D6), winning each of the last six by an aggregate score of 23-1.

Pep Guardiola: "Yes we are without strikers. Wherever he plays - winger, striker - I'm incredibly delighted and happy.

"When I arrived I was convinced he had incredible qualities and could play every three days, with his recovery and mentality to improve. He is a fantastic guy and a fantastic footballer.

"He's improved a lot since we arrived. He played really well. His finishing - he knows he can do it more, but I think he grew up a lot. It's important for the team with all the problems we have have up front."

https://www.skysports.com/football/burnley-vs-man-city/report/438840