Burnley FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL Match Thread | Vital Football

Burnley FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL Match Thread

Result?

• Win

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
I worry another bout of big fokkers giving our defence hard time. Here's hoping the team and the gaffer approach it with a much improved mentality.

On paper, yep. three points. But we are good on paper..... and in papers for the wrong reasons!

Let's be avin ya!

I just get the feeling as soon as Dier is fit , he goes back in . One of Jose’s favourites .
Centre back seems to suit Davies’s speed better . Plus a left footed centre back is good for us .
I liked the way he organised the back line . Whether Toby would listen to him is up for debate . Seniority may rule ?

We shouldn't just shoehorn Davies into an orthodox centre half role just because we have 2 left backs playing well and our orthodox centre halves struggling a little. I'd rather the centre halves find their form.

Right now, the 7 guys I think we should pick are Lloris, Doherty, Reguilon, Hojberg, Ndombele, Son and Kane. For me, it is about which 4 should play with them. I do see an argument for 3 out of Toby, Sanchez, Dier and Davies in a back three with our wing-backs. That could certainly open up opportunities for Gio or Dele to turn it on with Ndombele, Son and Kane.

Bale has no divine right to play either. He needs to get his fitness and form back and slug it out with the others just like Dele is having to do.

My thought on Bale is.... so far, what I've seen from him indicates a need for speed, of thought.

It's the massive diff in game speed in the Prem (especially) that he needs to come to grips with. Once he get's his mind on the same track and his body, we'll see what we have in him. Best way to do that is to get game time.

If the alternative is starting Lucas (which I am fundamentally opposed to in principle, he's a sub), or Lamela (who just did 'not enough' in the last match), or StevieB (Super excited about him, but he's got the same issues as still a new guy to the league).

So given the options, having Bale on the pitch is a greater advantage (set pieces anyone?), even if he's not fully at his best yet.

My thought on Bale is.... so far, what I've seen from him indicates a need for speed, of thought.

It's the massive diff in game speed in the Prem (especially) that he needs to come to grips with. Once he get's his mind on the same track and his body, we'll see what we have in him. Best way to do that is to get game time.

If the alternative is starting Lucas (which I am fundamentally opposed to in principle, he's a sub), or Lamela (who just did 'not enough' in the last match), or StevieB (Super excited about him, but he's got the same issues as still a new guy to the league).

So given the options, having Bale on the pitch is a greater advantage (set pieces anyone?), even if he's not fully at his best yet.

Based on what I saw last night, having attacking wide full-backs and more quality players like Gio or Dele inside is a much better idea for now.

Bale needs to earn his shirt on merit.

I think that Jose is a fan of both Dier and Davies, whereby he will be looking to increasingly use Davies in a defensive CB role. Whilst there is obviously scope now to field a different eleven in every match dependent on number of fixtures, opposition, fitness, venue etc/ etc., I believe that Jose's 'preferred first eleven' going forward will be;

Lloris
Dier Davies
Doherty Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Reguilon
Lo Celso
Bale, Kane. Son

I think that Jose is a fan of both Dier and Davies, whereby he will be looking to increasingly use Davies in a defensive CB role. Whilst there is obviously scope now to field a different eleven in every match dependent on number of fixtures, opposition, fitness, venue etc/ etc., I believe that Jose's 'preferred first eleven' going forward will be;

Lloris
Dier Davies
Lo Celso
Bale, Kane. Son

So much for Jose playing boring football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We earn three points with this line-up....
Lloris
Serge - Rodon - Davies - Reggi
N'Dom - Hoj - Loco
Vinni - Kane - Son
I agree with Muttley "Bale needs to earn his shirt" play him from bench, anyway 2 games and he'll be back with the nurses.

Lloris
Dier Davies
Lo Celso
Bale, Kane. Son
I was thinking along the same lines myself (as regards Jose's thinking). The question for me though is whether Jose trusts Ndombele and Lo Celso together in his current system.

The Dom seems to have done enough to be a starter now but that's been in Lo Celso's absence. On last season's form Lo Celso would have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

Together though? I guess we'll find out on Monday.

Think that you may well be right Gary, but can't help but feel that Ndombele and Lo Celso is potentially an outstanding midfield combo going forward. If Ndombele is nailed on I'd certainly far rather see a pairing of him in midfield with Lo Celso, Alli or Lamela, than a continuing DM pairing of Hojbjerg and Winks.

How long will we wait for Bale to complete 90 minutes and will it ever happen ? Ndombele also currently falls into the above category although not quite as much. I dont think you can go into a game knowing two players are certain subs unless it's in the Europa which allows 5.

Think that you may well be right Gary, but can't help but feel that Ndombele and Lo Celso is potentially an outstanding midfield combo going forward. If Ndombele is nailed on I'd certainly far rather see a pairing of him in midfield with Lo Celso, Alli or Lamela, than a continuing DM pairing of Hojbjerg and Winks.
Totally agree.